𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

«Rhaenyra Targaryen - smart and cunning, good at making people think what she wants them to think. Despite others' opinions, appears to be even more cruel than her husband.

Daemon Targaryen - a true tactician, loyal to the core, overprotective, good at lying and absolutely merciless when it comes to family; as most men like him, charismatic, which helps to fool others or help society to close eyes on his treasons.

(Ah, these royals with privileges! One is always forgiven for being a favourite daughter, and the second one is too pretty to be punished rightfully. To succeed you should be either a man or a girl with a less or more respectful father)».

— From Drusilla Tyrell's memoirs.

• 

Rhaenyra and her not so little family—Drusilla counted the amount of her children in slight terror; if Aemond ever asks her to have more than two kids, she will kill him in his sleep—appeared on King's Landing right on the day of marriage. Ten hours before it, more precisely, and even like this they were met with thousands of rumours and stares. It was less loud than it could be, with lack of Vaemond Velaryon in the court—god bless Criston Cole and his undying wish to beat the shit out of living people—but yet, the princess was always a centre of attention around nobles and commoners.

Though, Rhaenyra wasn't bothered in the slightest. Instead, she decided to help Alicent and Helaena with preparing Drusilla for the wedding.

'What a wonderful dress,' she smiles, correcting the bottom of it, long fingers full of rings tracing the little tracery. 'Lady Tyrell truly can be considered the Flower of Realm.'

Drusilla answers her with a wide smile, hoping her cheeks are reddish enough.

'They Beauty and the Soul as well,' Alicent cuts, voice harsher than usual. Rhaenyra's presence makes her jumpier than usual. 'My dear, do you mind if I bring you flowers that Helaena chose for you? We can braid it in your hair.'

Alicents act a lot like a grown up kid. A kid, who is fighting for attention. Yes, maybe memories of her past friendship with Rhaenyra is still taunting her, but right now she is more focused on infantile fights for her, Drusilla's attention. She doesn't like even the smallest idea of Drusilla liking, or being closed with Rhaenyra.

Not like she planned to, but it is funny.

'Of course, mot...' Drusilla makes sure to stumble across words; now all eyes are on her, absolutely surprised, and she coughs, awkwardly as if it was just a mistake. '...Madam.'

Madam is not a word Drusilla ever used for Alicent, and it is too obvious what she almost called her.

Mother.

The perfect move to calm Alicent's jealousy down.

'Oh, sweet,' Alicent murmurs, quickly kissing her on the cheek. 'I will be right here.'

She hastily leaves, closing the doors behind herself. Now, Rhaenyra relaxes a little bit as well.

'Allow me to give you advice, Lady Tyrell?' She hums, stopping right in front of her.

Drusilla nods quickly.

'Yes, of course...'

'First of all... Lady Tyrell, the house you came into is dangerous. The people that surround you - are dangerous,' Rhaenyra almost whispers, hand slowly tucking a few strands of hair away. 'The woman you call your friend or even mother, might appear not so nice when the doors close. And the same goes to your husband. Aemond... My half-brother is a dragon. More than his brothers. He is reckless, dangerous, cruel... If he ever mistreats you, you shouldn't stay silent. Find a way to write to us. You will always have our support.'