𝐗𝐈. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄

«Viserys Targaryen, first of his name, the King - many can tell you that he is the greatest, and his big heart is what makes him so; something his predecessors lacked. Yet, don't believe them - they are lying, and in this lie they are absolutely delusional. If the time shall ever come, when I am long forgotten, but these memoirs still found, and somehow, deciphered—I trust my ancestors with that—I am telling you, with no regrets or even cruelness: the Great Maesters that write about him are wrong. Viserys Targaryen, the first of his name, was a fool. And his foolishness, his kind as they say heart—for me it's not his kindness, but the lack of self-confidence that always made him rely on the Small Council as the most spineless Targaryen to ever exist—was the thing that ruined his reign. And his family as well.»

— From Drusilla Tyrell's memoirs.

On the second day after Drusilla and Aemond announced their marriage, Alicent warned her future daughter in law about an upcoming meeting with the King Viserys, himself; an act that clearly seemed hypocritical since he most likely didn't care about his son that much.

As Drusilla sits inside the small alcove, waiting for Viserys's arrival, she has no expectations towards all this. She wonders why he needs to come here, when he hardly breathes, not to mention walking.

In the end, the King arrives with Otto Hightower by his hand, slowly stepping closer and closer. As she should, Drusilla stands from her place, bowing deeply, eyes lowering on the floor - shy and practised.

'It is a pleasure to meet your Majesty! This one is very lucky!'

'It is the same.'

Viserys's voice is so hoarse that Drusilla assumes that it might be painful for him to speak. An unsteady figure, he plops down on the bench, sighing. Otto continues to stand on his feet, settling behind Viserys's back; mischievous eyes focused on every move.

'Drusilla Tyrell,' Viserys hums thoughtfully. 'I remember Lord Tyrell very well. He was always supporting me on my hardest longships. Therefore, I have a feeling that...'

Without finishing his sentence, he starts to cough roughly.

Drusilla can say that Otto is annoyed by this; perhaps, spending so much time with a deadly ill person is not as fun as it looks. Yet, he might as well gather the fruits of his own labour.

'Excuse me, your Majesty,' she extends her handkerchief to him, big eyes worried and nervous. 'Would that help?'

Viserys takes that, reluctantly. After a while, the coughing stops, and all of them pretend that nothing happened.

'...I have a feeling that you will be as loyal to your husband as your family was to Targaryens.'

Drusilla bites her tongue.

The Tyrells were never loyal to anyone but to themselves only. In particular, there is no loyalty towards Targaryens. They are hated and made fun of, most of the time. Not to mention that Lord Tyrell that Viserys is praising so sincerely, considers him to be the weakest king so far.

But it is not something that would ever be spoken aloud.

Instead, Drusilla smiles widely.

'Of course, your Majesty.'

'You are a very young and talented woman. Your marriage has my blessing.'

After these words, Viserys loses his last power, and ends up being carried away by maidens that were around all the time. Drusilla pretends to look devastated by what she had seen, when in reality she feels the desire to return back to chambers as soon as it is possible.