Chapter 29. Can we talk...

"I don't care, Luo RuoXi. I am done with that doctor threatening me. The son of a bitch keeps on humiliating me and I am so fucking done!" The young intern glared at the flat tire of his car, feeling rage boil his blood within him. "Motherfucker!!!", he yelled kicking the tires of his car hard. The day kept getting worse for Gao Sheng. "He had me running around the entire city just to prove a fucking point! I spent the entire day trying to find that shitty lab for that old man to talk to me and then I had to leave because he didn't want to say anything! Chief had already received whatever information he wanted and the coroner didn't tell me a word. I sat there like a fool! All because of that Xiao Zhan. I want him finished, RuoXi. That attitude of his needs to be fixed. He has to know who he has messed with." "Gao Sheng, we talked about this", came RuoXi's voice from the other end, calm, composed, and laced with a bit of amusement. "I tried to find dirt on Dr. Xiao but I couldn't. If he ever did something wrong, Xiao Zhan covered his tracks well. But...I can try harder to find something. All you need to do..." The words trailed off and Gao Sheng bit his tongue from cursing the woman to hell and back.

"I told you everything I knew", he gritted through clenched teeth and heart a loud sigh. "No, you didn't. You told me how Deng Shu died. That the Death Angel killed him. I want to know why Gao Sheng. What changed?" Gao Sheng knew he was playing with fire. His association with this reporter was going to bring him nothing but bad news. He knew it but the anger riding him was too strong. The beating his ego had taken today was too much and words just spilled from Gao Sheng's mouth. If trouble came knocking, he would ask his uncle for help. "It wasn't Deng Shu the killer was after", he confessed with a low breath knowing RuoXi will hear him. "I heard Yubin and Xinyi talking when I was conducting a few tests. The killer was after Xiao Zhan. Deng Shu died because he interrupted the killer. If he had not, Xiao Zhan would have died at the killer's hands."

There was absolute silence on the other end and feeling the hair on the base of his neck rise, Gao Sheng looked around the empty road. "I told you what you wanted to know. There's nothing else. There is a press conference tomorrow, Chief will disclose more information along with the killer's identity. I tried to find out who they suspected to be the Death Angel but no one discussed it with me. I tried to get that Song Jiyang to tell me the name but the coward is too afraid of that doctor. He didn't tell me anything."  Gao Sheng swallowed the rest of his words knowing if he disclosed anything about Zhao Chen Wei, he would get into big trouble. Someone was going to find out he was leaking the information and Gao Sheng didn't want it to come back to him.  The woman had used him enough already. "Thanks, Gao Sheng. It's always a pleasure talking to you." "Wait!", Gao Sheng burst out thinking the woman was going to hang up the phone. "What about that Xiao Zhan? Will you do something?" "Of course, I will, Gao Sheng. Tomorrow morning, I'll recover all the skeletons Dr. Xiao Zhan is hiding in his closet. Don't worry. Have a good night, Gao Sheng. I know I will." The call hung up with a beep and Gao Sheng could breathe easily. He looked at his watch finding that it was already past one. He was stuck in the middle of nowhere and seeing the darkness around him, something ugly settled in his stomach and Gao Sheng cursed Xiao Zhan for the hundredth time.

The Death Angel's eyes were fixed on the man standing alone on the empty road. There was no one else around. He was standing in the shadows, his fingers clenched around his knife tight. A-Si didn't believe in being lucky. Didn't believe in a superior power but tonight, it was as if even the heavens above were against Gao Sheng. He had followed Gao Sheng the entire day. Seeing the man flustered and irritated, running from one place to another had been... entertaining. It had done nothing to calm the raging anger inside them though. Nothing could ease the burning wrath inside him. Nothing. He had heard the way Gao Sheng had talked about his Angel. Gao Sheng should have learned the lesson his Angel was trying to teach him but he hadn't. He hadn't and now A-Si had to make sure the young doctor never said another word against his man. Stepping out of the shadows, he walked towards his prey but Gao Sheng was bent at his waist, staring at his vehicle. He was close. So close. Adrenaline warmed his veins and he smiled the moment Gao Sheng stiffened. He knew. Gao Sheng knew he was being hunted. "Hello, Gao Sheng." The man jumped at his low, taunting whisper, and the next moment A-Si had pinned him to the car, breathing the same air as him. He saw the exact moment Gao Sheng recognized him. His eyes widened to a comical degree and his fighting instincts kicked in. The man threw his leg out, and tried to punch his attacker but froze when he felt something sharp dig into his side. "Now, Gao Sheng. Screaming or fighting me is not going to help you. Be a good boy for once." "L...Let me go." The words had the phoenix eyes brightening and a smile crawled on A-Si's lips under the mask he wore. "I can't, Gao Sheng. You see, I am going to meet my Angel soon. How can I show up empty-handed? How can I let you go when you are my sweet present?" The dark and unsettling laughter following the words had Gao Sheng trembling and just as the young man opened his mouth to scream, A-Si wrenched his head through the window of his car, shattering the glass. A sharp wail was heard on the road and pulling him out, A-Si stared at the bloodied face of the intern, pieces of glass sticking out from his skin. "Not good at following orders. You have so much to learn." Grabbing the man by the hair, A-Si rammed his head into the side of the car laughing when the man slumped in his grip. "Weak bastard. You aren't the ideal gift but you'll do. You'll do."