Memories

I ran right into Hope's room, as she was painting a picture. She was 7 and I was 4. I grab her arm making her drop her paint brush.

"ARIELLA!" she yelled picking it back up

"Come on Hopey, were making cupcakes" I said and once I said those words, Hope's face lights up. She picked me up as we ran to the kitchen, where our mother was.

"Who's ready to make CUPCAKES?" my mother asked, as she held up spoons for me and Hope.

"ME!!!" Hope and I say in sync.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Me and Hope walked hand in hand to the front door as we heard a man shout. Mom opened the door when we heard the man say "I'm not asking" but stop when mom step out into view

"Look who is awake" she said. We step outside to see a bunch of people. The man looked at me and Hope with love. I got scared moved behind Hope, still holding her hand as she gave my hand a little squeeze.

"It's okay" she said to me.

"Hello" she said to them

"Hello" the man said as the rest smiled at us. Hope looked down at me and picked me up and placed me on her hip.

"Say hello to them, Ari" she said. I looked back at them and away from my sister

"Hi" I say in a low voice, wrapping my arms around Hope's neck

"Hello, little one." he said to me, making me smile. Hope asked mom if we could play in the garden and she said yes. I heard mommy tell the man that Hope is very protect over me and that her and I are very close, never apart.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Me and Hope were painting and laughing. I looked up to see the man from earlier walking towards the table we were sitting at. Mommy said he is our dad and that he was away for awhile and couldn't be with us even though he wanted to be.

"That's lovely" he said looking at our paintings

"Mum said you like to paint, too" Hope said to him, as she gave me a new clean piece of paper.

"I do. Very much!" He said. I got up and walked right over to him, where he was leaning on one of the chairs. I grab a piece of paper and paint brush and placed it in front of the chair. Hope looked at me a smiled and nodded.

"Do you want to paint with us?" I asked him. Dad gave me a smile

"I would love too" he said, picking me up and placing me on his lap as the three of us painted together.