Solar watched them in silence, exhausted at how much energy the divine beauty and his best friend emitted. He reluctantly glanced at a silent Y/n who caught his gaze. She gave him a small smile, nodding her head once to acknowledge him. The elemental superhero pursed his lips, nervously nodding his head at her before looking away to avoid her (e/c) irises. They only locked eyes for a few seconds but somehow and in some way, it felt longer than that.

"How about a short rest? You have worked well, fancy a cup or two?" Mayumi beckoned for the team to follow her. The trio glanced at each other in confusion before trailing behind the woman, following her tracks. 'I do not see why not.'

════════ ××× ════════

"Aren't you supposed to be on the counter team?" The shadow manipulator inquired, narrowing his eyes at an element he didn't expect to see today. "What are you doing in the shooter department's camp?" Fang added in disbelief as the person in question walked passed him casually. His eyes were glued upon the arrow that managed to shoot a bullseye before his very eyes. Fang watched the shorter teenager with no sign of interest, it was quite random.

"Well, I was searching for Y/n. I thought she'd be here, I'd like to talk about that one combo we did last time against Ymeriah, it was cool," Boboiboy Ice nonchalantly answered his friend, his blank eyes burning holes. "Huh? You're both in the same team. How could you not know?" Fang deadpanned at his answer, dropping his hands that were busy fixing his new gloves. The former awkwardly stared at him for a while, thinking about what the shadow manipulator has said.

It took a while for him to finally answer. "Oh... She didn't attend the training today," Ice silently responded, his other hand still gripping his ice bow. "Why did that response take so long?" The alien boy questioned, completely unamused about Ice's antics. With that question, the cold element began to hum and caress his chin to indicate he was deep in thought once again. "You're seriously still thinking that hard!?" An irked shadow superhero exclaimed.

"You're here too, you're not even in the shooter department," Ice blankly pointed out which earned a proud smirk from his friend. "I'll have you know, the defence committee doesn't specialise in any other things because most of us are an ace in all fields. We don't need flashy weapons to be strong, we just wear modified materials because our greatest weapon is our combat," Fang began blabbering things Ice would call nonsense due to his lack of interest.

"Me being in the shooter department is part of my training," The shadow manipulator added. "See this? My gloves allow me to temporarily blind my opponent. This department deals with a lot of moving enemies so that's why I decided to come here." He pulled his gloves, fixing them on his hands as he spoke. "Our job is not entirely to defend but more like to assist the counter team, since we can both defend and attack," He informed the easy-going element.

"Really? What about Ying?" Ice asked, aiming for the target once again with his shooting weapon. "Not entirely sure, I think she has modified shoes to create a forcefield or a force that pushes and pulls away the enemies that she can activate using kinetic energy. I think it can do more but I don't know what else they were," The taller teenager hummed, caressing his chin while trying to remember what the speed manipulator's new shoes were like.

He witnessed her use it a couple of times before but he couldn't put a finger on what it does in general aside from its properties. Although he couldn't deny that seeing her use it in action was cool, it was a creative way to make use of her speed-involved abilities. "Huh, fitting. Using the energy of her speed and motion, it's like an explosive power she can just release after recharging," Ice spoke out while thinking about how her newly-modified shoes work. The shadow manipulator was rather surprised at his friend's comment.