XLII

Chapter XLII: Reckless

════════ ××× ════════

A SCOFF was seen from the elemental hero's face as soon as he realised that they got separated from Yaya, Fang, Gopal and Y/n. But, they couldn't contact them at the moment because of the situation that they were in. He glanced at Ying as both he and the time manipulator were hiding behind huge trees while they were on the lookout for those monsters. It wasn't their day, they kept getting misfortunes for some reason.

Ying leaned slightly to see if the coast was clear for them to go. Boboiboy waited for the female to say something, impatiently tapping his foot, worried at what happened with the rest of their friends. Ying made eye contact with the elemental hero, nodding her head once in encouragement. "Are they gone?" He began, his hand wandering its way towards his power watch. Ying stepped out before answering her friend.

"No worries, I think we lost them for now," The Chinese girl scanned the area in awareness to make sure that it was guaranteed safe for them to get out of their hiding place. A wave of relief rushed over him, supporting himself with a hand against the tree before sighing. His other hand made its way on his chest, feeling the fast beating of his heart due to the sudden rush of adrenaline.

"Thank goodness," he slouched his back with a relieved expression. "I can't go on running for hours without transforming, it's hard to transform when running on mud puddles and slippery grounds," Boboiboy stated the obvious while deadpanning. "You're unfortunate but I am not, I can go on for as long as I want," Ying proudly huffed pointing to herself. Boboiboy blankly stared at her, completely unamused. She didn't have to flex right in front of his face which he deemed quite unnecessary.

"Right... but that's because it's associated with your power and you most likely run every day," Boboiboy leaned his back towards the tree with a shrug before looking back at his power watch. "I'll try contacting them," he began, activating his power watch that was modified by Ochobot for communication. A hologram popped out and the signal bar had a red 'X' over it as it flashed with the words 'No signal'. Boboiboy clicked his tongue in annoyance once he saw this.

"I can't contact them," he mumbled under his breath with a tone of irritation. "I probably won't be able to contact them too," Ying frowned, turning back to the elemental hero. Dropping his hand, he glanced back to the time manipulator before speaking. "We just have to search for them then," He huffed, his tone becoming more serious. The Chinese girl nodded her head in agreement before walking away from the tree, followed by Boboiboy.

"I hope the rain will stop anytime soon so that Y/n won't have any trouble using her magic," Ying started, wiping her face because the rainwater was annoying her. "Indeed, we can't find the Leaf Gem with the state of the weather like this," Boboiboy responded, scanning the place that they were passing by. A bright flash caught their attention, making their heads perk in curiosity. "What was that?" Ying questioned, her face morphing into a concerned one.