XI

Chapter XI : Buddy

Chapter XI : Buddy

════════ ××× ════════

THE CAECUS STAR shone a beautiful colour of lustrous blue as it illuminated the now bright sky of Aero. The shine of the star genuinely shining radiantly as it was welcomed back warmly by the plants, creating morning dews that slighty dowsed some leaves of those said plants. A gust of the morning breeze kissed everything that was beyond the ground, it was a very peaceful morning indeed. The weather was oddly quite fair for some reason and as the dauna started, there were no chilly strong wind like when the teens climbed the Harpy Mountain.

The 5 adventurers were currently cleaning up after they had settled up for the night. Everyone was too exhausted because of what happened last night, it was quite a tiresome fight that it drained almost everyone's energy. Boboiboy had to use his strongest element and it took him so much energy to summon such powerful blasts. Ying was tired because after she got healed, she still had to regain her energy. Yaya had to use so much of her gravitational power to prevent her and the others from being blasted off to who knows where.

Gopal was still slightly affected by the spirit wolves' attack, when they decided to rest for the night─he still looked quite pale. Y/n casted too much spells and healing Ying caused her to lose so much energy. That was the disadvantage of healing, it costs so much energy that the healer will also get affected by the side effects. To put it simply, everyone was horribly tired after that battle. After cleaning up the last sleeping bag, everyone was once again ready to depart to continue their journey.

Everyone was looking forward to ending the Planet Aero mission right at the bat, especially Gopal. The molecular hero didn't really like how they couldn't get a proper breakfast, with Boboiboy slightly agreeing to what Gopal had said. Gopal had to change everything he sees to Earth food, which Yaya, Ying and Y/n were quite disgusted at. Yaya soon proposed that everyone should eat her homemade biscuits that she seems to always bring everywhere with her, of course, everyone rejected her offer rather very quickly.

Before Y/n could even say how it was okay, Ying quickly grabbed her floating scroll and hid it from behind her which confused the elf but, she didn't question it as she soon understood what was the situation. Nervously sweating, the elemental hero just scratched his cheek before he joined Gopal─wanting to stay away from the girls for a short moment. Right after the biscuit problem, everyone was now once again moving their way to pass the river. "Like I said previously, we just need to pass this river and walk for a little while then we'll reach the Harpies' Nest," Ying started.

Ying casually said it like it was a very easy task. The river was very wide and big. The stream was flowing rather in a tremendous rate, crossing it will cause for you to get washed out by the water because of the rushed and harsh flowing. It didn't even look like it was water, the liquid had an odd colour. It was like a marble. Despite the abnormal flow, the colours didn't even mix. It had various shades of blue and white. Yaya tried to use her power to lift some rocks up to make a way for the others but, the rocks around the area wasn't enough since the river's width was so wide.