IX

Chapter IX: Weakness

════════ ××× ════════

THE INDIAN BOY felt his back make in contact with Ying's which caused for him to lightly jump on his spot. He realized that they can't move back anymore. They were trapped, surrounded by viscious spirit wolves. The numerous growls filled the area which made the beating of the molecular hero's heart faster than before. Nervously shifting, he made eye contact with his friends as if asking them for  help─a plan rather. One of the wolves launched itself to the only male hero within the area.

He screamed in fear, knowing he can't fight these type of opponents. This alarmed Ying, Yaya and Y/n which caused for the elf of the squad to summon her grimoire whisperly or rather quietly. The wolves moved back in surprise upon seeing yellow and white coloured particles surrounding Y/n. The light gathered on her hand which soon turned into an ancient book. "W-what?" Gopal stuttered in confusion and slight amazement. "Attacks by bestowed powers cannot damage a summoned spirit," She non-verbally answered.

She turned to the bewildered trio as she finished her statement. "Only natural attacks like magic can," she stated. Side eyeing them, she mentally spoke to herself, 'Which means I need to fight all of it.'

"Yaya, you shall be my eye in the sky. Ying, Gopal, try to watch out and move away from the wolves. I do not wish to hurt you too," Y/n instructed, her scroll still floating from behind her as everyone began reading it. "Until then, I have spirits to fight," She finished, her grimoire suddenly opening itself. The pages flipped on itself as it glowed radiantly. There were tiny circle-like particles with the same colour as the light. Y/n's magic-casted boyish (h/c) hair flowed gracefully as a gust of wind passed by.

Turning her figure to the pack of wolves, her eyes glowed a golden yellow of colour. It wasn't really visible to her friends since she still wore her mask to cover her visage. "Solarius Atikus," the words danced smoothly on Y/n's tongue as she casted a spell that she read from her grimoire. The spell was spoken in a rather hushed way like always, she made sure to avoid spells that needed all of her energy or she'll get exposed. She didn't want that to happen obviously.

A bright circle formed from below the elf and her hair was swaying wildly. The place turned darker as a spark gathered everyone's attention. A bright and huge golden yellow coloured sword formed from before their eyes. Y/n raised her hand and pointed it to one of the spirit wolves, the sword quickly moved itself and made in contact with one of the wolves while the others were able to dodge. The spirit wolf that got hit slowly vanished out of thin air, bursting into blue coloured particles. Y/n narrowed her eyes and turned to Pamola who was busy fighting Thunderstorm.

'I see how it is. He must have thought every single one of us does not have magic. That means no elf ever took foot in the mountain except for the King Eros himself. Only creatures that can control magic can defeat a summoned spirit and that are most definitely elves, he underestimated us so badly,' she thought to herself. "Wah! F/n! That was amazing, please fight the rest like how you did with the first one!" Gopal pleaded. "F/n, behind you!" Yaya shouted out from above.