Nitrogen

It was the next morning, with (Y/n) having to almost throw the two boys out of the hut to wake them up. They ended up staying later than planned due to Chrome wanting to learn more information about the world from 3,700 years ago. The sun was already up, and (Y/n) thought their natural human instinct of waking up once sunlight hits their face would have woken them up. Apparently not, so (Y/n) almost threw them out of the shed.

"Alright Senku!" Chrome yelled, tempting (Y/n) to throw a piece of fruit at him to shut him up. She's getting deja vu right now from another brown haired boy she knows. "What do we need to do to make that medicine?! We gotta help Ruri kick her sickness!"

"We're making what now?" (Y/n) asked, climbing down the ladder.

"If we can help my sister feel better, I'm ready to do whatever it takes!" Kohaku said in determination, ready for whatever process they were gonna take to help her sister.

Senku had a familiar smile on his face, one (Y/n) knew meant her newfound companions were probably going to be her first patients.

"Do you see that?" Chrome asked, looking at Senku's face as well. "That sleazy glint in his eye tells me he wants to save Ruri for his own reasons."

"I still can't decide if he's a gentleman or a slimeball. But at the very least, I'm glad that he thinks things through," Kohaku said, arms crossed. She looked over at (Y/n), who was unaffected by that look. "What do you think (Y/n)? Is he a gentleman or a slimeball?"

"If you ask me, both," (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders. "There are moments where he is a gentleman, but there are many moments where I want to whack him with whatever I can get my hands on."

"(Y/n), can you start making the map?" Senku asked the physician, ignoring the fact she said she wants to hit him with whatever she can get her hands on a majority of the time. "We're going to be making antibiotics, and you know everything we're gonna need and the process of making it, so you're in charge of keeping us on track."

(Y/n) yawned. "Ok." She grabbed a stick and started drawing on the ground.

"The first project of the kingdom of science and the kingdom of medicine is making an antibiotic," Senku decided to speak while (Y/n) was making the map. "A wonder drug that'll kill the hostile bacteria infecting our patient. Since its early discovery in the early 20th century, it's saved hundreds of millions of lives."

"We can't do any blood tests, sadly," (Y/n) said, still drawing. "We also don't know what she's suffering from because I haven't been able to see her, but Senku and I are sure it's still worth trying. Even if I had the right materials for being able to do a blood test, there's no sanitary areas in the stone world that would allow me to do this, besides, I don't have needles that would work."

Chrome and Kohaku had newfound determination.

"Yeah!" Chrome made a weird determined face. "Now let's get to work, Senku!"

"What do we need?" Kohaku.

"What do we need doc?" Senku asked, looking at the girl who was squatting down and continued to draw. "You're the one who's been collecting stuff."

"If we're going the route I'm thinking of taking," (Y/n) stopped drawing and tapped her chin with the stick. "We have nothing. Anyways, we have two routes of making antibiotics."

"The biological route: Creating penicillin from living things," Senku said, finishing what (Y?n) was starting. "Or the stone route: Creating 'sulfa drugs' from rocks."