Chapter 32

"Nicole," his voice is soft, silky, and warm as it wraps around my cool skin.

It's been two weeks since I last saw him. I know during the first week we were both actively avoiding each other. Then he left, traveling to the northern city. I've felt empty, like a hole was punched through me. Heat radiates from him, bringing life back into my limbs.

I'm frozen in bed. Just the sound of his voice makes tears prick in my eyes. I've missed him.

"I have been consumed by thoughts of you." The bed dips beside me and I'm flooded with relief. I just want him to hold me, to tell me that everything is going to be alright.

His strong arms curl around me and pull me into his chest. For the first time in days, I can breathe again. In an instant, the weight that has settled into my chest is lifted. I was starting to get used to the dull ache just behind my heart. It didn't hurt less, I just adjusted to life with it. A new version of normal.

The notion of star-crossed lovers, destined by fate to find one another is all well and good until you break up. Then it's shit. This is the kind of heartbreak that takes you out for weeks.

Just one touch and the hole starts to fill. The painful sting of an open wound finally subsides as he pulls me into his arms. I'm weightless.

The soft thump of his heart is like a magic eraser that dissolves all of the pain and sadness from the last two weeks and makes it vanish. His fingertips fill and spackle all of the cracks in my chest.

"You invaded my dreams, even in sleep I found no peace without you." His voice is low, dipping down in a way that awakens a fire in my bones.

"Just kiss me," I beg against his lips.

His hands move through my hair, a gesture that I now know is more than just a sweet touch, it's intimate. The kiss starts slowly, timid lips caressing but it builds into an aggressive aching mess of moans and need. He's breathing the air right out of my lungs, pulling it from my body, and using it to sustain his.

Pushing myself up, I roll over so that my hips are over his. Spreading my hands out across his warm chest, I feel the rise and fall of his breath.

"Take off your pants," the tremble in my voice is embarrassingly apparent but I don't have time to care. Right now, I'm on a mission. Two weeks without him has made me ravenous. I've been fed, all of the food and water in the world is at my fingertips but it's not enough. I'm never satisfied. I crave him, a deep endless longing in my stomach.

"Pull them down," his tongue wets his lower lip as he watches me, waiting.

Shuffling back, my hands shake with nervous anticipation as I tug his pants down past his hips.

"These weeks have felt like years." He groans, taking his cock in his hand. "I'm aching for you."

"I've missed you so much," I stare down at him, letting my eyes roam over everything that I've so longed for. His mouth, his chest, his hands... I want it all.

With movements so quick I don't register them until I'm already on my back, he rolls us. My body is pressed into the mattress by his.

"Tell me that you want me," his tongue trails softly over my neck.

"I want you," I'm breathless and panting, my body trembling with excitement.

"Tell me that you missed me," his voice sounds like sin. Dark and low, promising dirty, vile things.

"God-" I choke as he grinds his cock into me. "I missed you. I missed you so much."

"I am going to fuck you until your body gives out, until the pleasure is so intense that it turns to pain. I want to pump you so full of my cum that it drips from your cunt for days." He slams forward and a strangled moan claws its way up from my throat.