r u n n i n g

20 | running always

(part two of jogging) 

The rays are peeking through the little poles of Aairah's curtain, seeping into the cart-wheel window. She flutters her eyes to adjust with the sudden beaming. Her eyes landed on the clock wall; dazzling in front of her bed.

7 am! She should be already up, her online classes will start in half an hour. She hurries up, brushes her teeth & sits down with her laptop.

Her days always start like this, after the classes she hardly makes cereal & runs for her job. Sometimes the orange flames burn her skin, when she's always on the run. It's not like this when she used to live with her parents in Asia. But here in Europe, no one has the time to glance at each other— they're always on the run with the time scale.

Finally as the sun shone back at the other side, the breaking light started to arise. Birds are singing good-night as each hue deepens in noble solemnity, finding unity in the night.

Aairah's exhausted body slumped directly on the bed with zero energy of cooking. She closes her window to bid adieu the blank sky for one last time.

Adil is gazing at the blank sky, trying to find ease whereas Aairah never finds the time for another hard gazing.  

—03/02/'23