j o g g i n g

19 |  jogging

The blue sky is dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. Beep! Beep! Adil's alarm clock is tinting off. Must be 4 a.m since it's when he likes to be in nature most, alone.

He rubs his bleary eyes & looks into the window, it's still dark outside. There's a pearly glow in the night sky. He freshens up & gets ready for his jog! Another day, another new hope.

He finds solemnity in the night sky when the birds are forced to sing under-winged. In the day, the chorus of melodious crisping filled in, whereas the night stars bid them adieu to ablaze the blank sky.

The occasional barking of dogs broke the silence in the roads. He starts to jog in his neighbourhood, everyone's sleeping. Thus, no drama of saying occasional greetings in between.

The road is dirty, nothing more than a few stones in the paveway to block the roads— forcing him to stay on his toes sometimes in the road. He couldn't find that stray dog today— who used to sit silently in the near alley. Adil didn't have any close connection except gazing at it. Today, he finds absence rather than a normalcy in his heart.

The sun starts to seep in the city streets with golden-finger rays. A reminder— he should go back now, where his day begins with his mother's ginger-flavoured tea.

_________________________