˗ˏˋ꒰ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ꒱

₊˚ପ⊹  Perilous Mistakes of a Goose  ₊˚ପ⊹

The sky had fallen.

The brittle cold permeated the gloomy ambience of the surroundings. The ambience felt heavy as if someone had shouldered their burdens for too long. Alianora places her hand outwards to the sky to sense the frigid air trickling up her skin. She wondered whether it would rain or not. Looking into the sky, Alianora breathed in and out. The sky looked like it was proceeding to rain as it was quite murky like the ashes of the dead. At most, the clouds were about to burst at any given moment. Feeling chilly, Alianora clenched her fingers to her arms, lightly placing them there as her warm breath respired out. In the distance, the cacophony of galloping horses perked up her ears. Curious as to where the horses were headed, she leapt onto the branch of a tall tree. Glancing outwards, she sees that several horses were hauling five large carriages. It was covered in a large beige sheet, and faint murmurs were heard within them. The situation was clearly suspicious.

Why are there carriages here? What are the owners carrying?

Since Alianora was a high human, she heard noises that an ordinary human would not hear from that long of a distance. Contemplating whether to investigate or not, she decided to do what the original Alianora would do. Leaping off the tree, she dashes to the carriages, with each step, the silence was met. Alianora then cast an invisible spell on herself, so she would not alarm the horses with her appearance. She did not want the riders to come back so soon. She hears the murmurs again; coming from the back of the carriage. Following the murmurs, she finds an opening at the back. Opening it, ever so slightly she sees something familiar in medieval times. She thought of slaves, but the odd thing was that most of the children wore perfectly clean clothes which would not be present with slaves. This led to the conclusion that the people were kidnapped. But specifically, they have kidnapped children; both girls and boys. They were all packed inside the carriage, their cries were muffled out by a white cloth, but some didn't have any. Alianora was especially surprised; the existence of kidnapped children was not so present in the novel she wrote. The only closest resemblance was a slave that appeared as a character that was a part of the original Alianora's subordination; Cecina Eldora Etharith. The youngest princess of the Etharith Empire was sold as a slave not meeting the requirements of her family standards. Meeting a large number of kidnapped children was a new occurrence that the original Alianora did not see.

What are they doing here-?

Perking up her ears, she hears footsteps approaching her way. At that moment, she had three options. Option one: To run away and leave the kidnapped children behind, there's no point risking unknown dangers. Option two: Rescue the abducted children and return them to their families while they are asleep. And option three: To disguise as a kidnapped child and investigate further complications. In a split second, Alianora chose the third option. She casts a transformation spell onto herself, wearing old clothes, black shoes, white knee socks and still with the blindfold. She teleports herself with the children, managing to not catch the attention of the other children as they were only concerned with their well-being. She rebukes the spell and pays attention to her surroundings. Many children were crying, as they were scared as to where they would be going. They were holding onto each other, even though they never knew each other. Seeing that their wrists and shins were wrapped securely with ropes, Alianora quickly magics ropes onto herself. Peeking around once more, many were quite miserable and in low spirits, praying for their lives. But there were two that stood out the most, a girl with hazelnut hair was reassuring a young boy, whose hair was the colour of olives and the end bits of his hair was tinted with the side of gold. They looked like friends or siblings.