• dance with me •

——JACK POV
I finish getting ready and I run downstairs, I slip on my converse while almost slipping onto the floor. I grab my phone and head out the door, my parents already in the car. I get in the backseat, "Why are both of you in here?" I ask confused looking at the two of them.
"Well, it's your like.. first ever dance. It's kind of emotional." My mom says as she starts to drive off.
"Shush up moooom. It's not emotional." I say back as I roll my head backwards. We arrive at the school and I get out. As I step closer to the doors and hear the music, my stomach starts to tighten up.
I'm sort of regretting coming here.
Not that I'm regretting coming for Luke,
I've never been to shit like this.
I walk into the doors and look around a bit and see Luke talking to his friend. I attempt to wave to him but he didn't see me, but his friend did. He tapped his shoulder and pointed at me. The music was blaring. He saw me and rushed towards me, "God! You look... amazing!" He said as he grabbed my waist.
"Not as good as you! You look like you took four hours getting ready." I giggle. He looks at me, then we both burst into laughter.
"So what am I suppose to do here?" I look around at everyone dancing around. I'm most definitely not going to dance. You must be crazy if you think I'd-
"Dance with me." He grabs my hand and kisses it. I turn pink and smile, "Stop being all romantic and stuff." I roll my eyes playfully.
He grabs my face and starts kissing around it, "SsTOoP!" I push him away a bit, "You're so embarrassing lukeee!" I laugh.
"Want a drink?" He points to the drink stand. "Sure, why not." I say as we start walking over. As we walk I notice someone looking at me from a distance. Oh god. It's him. I'm praying he doesn't come over here. We grab a drink and I pull him to the wall, sliding through people. I kiss him as a distraction, but he pulls away a bit.
"What happened? Why did we rush over here?" He says as he holds my waist with one hand holding his drink.
"N-nothing. Just kiss me."
"Jack."
"What?"
"What's wrong."
"Nothing luke, I promi-" before I could finish my sentence I heard a familiar voice from behind me.
"Hello Jack, how have you been?" I hear him say.
I slowly turn around and see Mike. My ex boyfriend. "What do you want from me?" I groan.
"Nothing. I just wanted to check up on my teddy bear." Mike smiled.
"I'm not your fucking teddy bear, Mike. We broke up 7 months ago, Leave me alone." I mumble under my breath.
"Teddy bear, don't be like that. Can we talk?" He smiled again. I look at Luke and he shrugged his shoulders. I walk with Mike a little farther away.
"Teddy bear-"
"What do you want Mike."
"Sheesh, don't be all feisty on me now. I was just gonna say, I've been missing you." He put his hand on my cheek but I slapped it off. 
"Don't fucking touch me. I'm done with the conversation." I begin to walk away but he grabs my wrist,
"Why can't we retry? We were so good together, we were so good for eachother." He pulls me closer to him. Luke comes a bit over to us and sees us. I grab my drink and splash it on mike. Everyone around us stares and gasps. Mike pulls up his sleeve and rubs his face. Luckily it was just water, but I still shouldn't of done that. I stand in place, breathing heavily. Luke grabs my hand and  pulls me away. As we walk away my heart starts beating fast. My breath getting heavier and heavier. As we stop walking, islya ran over towards me. "Get him Jack! Oh sorry, not the time." She laughed a bit, "You okay? Did he hurt you?"
"Im fine, let's just go to the dance floor." I say as I grab luke and islya's hand and bring them to the dance area.
For a few hours we just talked, danced, and did random shit.
Someone taps onto the mic to grabs people attention, "Hello everyone! Thank you for coming! Since the dance is coming to an end, we want to make a special thanks for certain people. May we all please have around of applause for... the football team! Please make your way up here."  They say as they back up from the mic and the crowd claps. The team gets up there but luke looks at me confused, "Go!" I whisper and I shove him a bit. He walks up on stage and a lot of girls yell, fan-girling over him. The team stands in a line, waving to the crowd. "Hello boys! Welcome, thank you for coming here tonight. I want all of you to come up and say something your thankful for, can be football related of anything."
The team goes up there and says some random ass shit I don't really pay attention to. It's finally Luke's turn and he walks up to the mic.
"Hey, uh. I don't really know what to say. There's a lot of things I'm thankful for, such as my family, friends, football team and school," he says as the crowd yells. "But there's one thing I'm especially thankful for." He pauses for a second before running down the steps and grabbing my hand. He brought me onto the stage and everyone stared at me.
"I'm thankful for Jack,"

"My boyfriend."

He puts his hands on my face and pulls me in, giving me a kiss. People in the crowd yells in excitement as he kisses me. He breaks the kiss and pulls me towards him, putting his hand into the air as people jump around.
Fuck, he just kissed me infront of the whole school. Even fucking teachers. I love him, it's more then love. I'd give me life up for him, and he'd do the same.

Fuck.

I love him.

I want him.

——
words: 1049 :3