003 | sweet talking his way to a soulmate

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

okay, for some reason wattpad's formatting isn't working on my phone, so we're stuck with one style of writing— on the side, as opposed to the center. idk if that makes sense, but you'll notice it in this chapter.

anyway, lots of love.

enjoy.

i'm on holiday and i still managed to update. can you see how much ily guys?

"SO, YOU WANT ME TO go persuade the guy running the convenience store—a total stranger to me, mind you—to be the boys' coach?" Naoki sat in his chair, one leg folded over his knee, a pencil held between two fingers as he stared at Ittetsu Takeda

"SO, YOU WANT ME TO go persuade the guy running the convenience store—a total stranger to me, mind you—to be the boys' coach?" Naoki sat in his chair, one leg folded over his knee, a pencil held between two fingers as he stared at Ittetsu Takeda. The older man had all but barged into his office (the infirmary room), hands clasped and almost falling to his knees as he begged Naoki to help him out.

"Yes." Takeda nodded his head.

"You do understand how insane this sounds, right?"

"Yes," Takeda repeated. There was confidence shining in his eyes, a determined fire that Naoki could see behind his glasses. "I'm aware that it's a bit unconventional, but desperate times call for desperate measures! The boys need a coach. And you are the only one I know who can sweet-talk Ukai-san into helping them."

Naoki arched a brow. "Sweet-talk? More like plead and beg, right?"

"Whatever gets him on board!" Takeda's face lit up again, more vibrant than before. He leaned forward from where he stood, placing his hands against the top of Naoki's messy desk with an audible clink. "Please, Naoki-san. They are good boys, you know this— they deserve someone who knows what he's doing and can help them achieve the heights they are destined to reach."

Naoki hummed and leaned back in his seat, twiddling the pencil between his fingers. "Should I sell my body if he asks?"

Takeda's head shot up, eyes wide with horror.

"Naoki-san!"

"Kidding, kidding," Naoki waved off. He thought about it, tilting his head to the side and weighing the pros and cons. On the one hand, talking to a stranger was taxing, and he would rather not deal with that today. But, on the other hand, Takeda was right. The boys needed a coach. Someone who could guide them and motivate them. And Naoki was nothing if not a team player. He sighed, looking down at the mess of papers littering his desk. "Fine, I'll do it. I'll go once the school day ends."