002 | the author is a downbad simp for her oc

i'm tryna find the words to describe this
guy without being disrespectful

i'm tryna find the words to describe this guy without being disrespectful

DRIVING A BUS FULL OF KIDS was not what Naoki had signed up for. He sat in the driver's seat with his go-to lollipop in his mouth, flicking his gaze to the GPS and following the laid-out route. He and Karasuno's boys' volleyball team were on their way to Aoba Johsai for a practice match. From the school, it should take around fifteen to twenty minutes, depending on how fast Naoki planned on going. But, as a sensible adult who was supervising a bunch of chaotic teenagers, Naoki drove slowly, taking care to make sure no accidents would happen.

"Thank you for coming today, Noboru-san."

Naoki's lips twitched upwards. He glanced at his colleague in the seat next to him. "Takeda-san, I've told you this many times. Just Naoki is fine." He twirled the lollipop in his mouth, relishing in the cola taste. It was more of a substitute for a cigarette, but as he said before, this was for the good of the students. Naoki wasn't about to pull out a cigarette when there were others around him.

"Ah! But it's impolite!" Takeda protested, his glasses falling to the tip of his nose.

"But we're friends, aren't we? Friends regard each other by their first names."

Takeda flushed and mumbled, a tad touched, "I guess you're right." He pushed his glasses up and returned his hands to his lap, fiddling with his thumbs. He glanced nervously over his shoulder, gazing at the boys chatting behind them. "How do you think they'll do?"

"Dunno." Naoki looked in the rearview mirror. "Hinata-kun's probably gonna shit his pants. It's his first practice match, after all."

"Nob—" The school's nurse stared pointedly at him, and Takeda corrected, "Nakoi-san." Naoki smiled at that, and Takeda replicated his expression, eyes softening. "Language."

Naoki chuckled. "Hai, hai."

He leaned back into his seat, inhaling deeply from his nose and relaxing. The background chatter was more than enough to help loosen Naoki's muscles. He knew that the only people affected by today's practice match were Hinata and Kageyama, the two new first years. Kageyama had come up to him earlier, hesitantly telling Naoki about his worries about playing against his former teammates, and Hinata came barging into his infirmary soon afterwards, ranting about how nervous but excited he was. Naoki had sent them both away with lollipops in hand, reassuring them they would be fine. I hope things go well today, Naoki mused, focusing on the road. I'm working after hours for this shit.

Unfortunately, his life was never easy.

"NAOKI-SENSEI! HINATA THREW UP!"