➣ twelve

▽ Tiffany Alvord Cover Of Pompeii

               ➣ twelve

''Ugh! Julie stop, you obviously have never heard of the word perfection'' Lydia critique while I was on top of the ladder, trying to set up all of her speakers evenly.

''Get down, I'll do it''.

I snorted at how strict and serious Lydia's décor mode was, making my way down the ladder.

Kira and I were currently helping Lydia decorate her house for the Halloween party that's stating in just a few hours, and it seems that this party was last minute because Lydia was completely stressed out that she even forgot about buying drinks -which is actually what Kira is doing right now-.

''Okay, I got some diet cokes-'' Kira started once she entered Lydia's house, listing off the things she bought from the store, but was quickly interrupted by Lydia.

''Diet?!?''.

''I-I thought you said-''.

''No, I Did Not! Ugh, did you at least get the Bud Lights?'' She questioned, practically pleading that something had gone right.

''Yeah''. Kira sighed, relief to no longer have an angered Lydia in presence.

I shook my head while taking a deep breath.

× × ×

''There, done''. Ariella smacked her red glossy lips in front of the mirror, her light brown hair braided down her back. I stared at her, my heart being surrounded by warmth as she smiled so eagerly at her own reflection. She was so happy to know that it is once again that night when everyone get's to dress up into another person they please, and to be treated with free candy.

Halloween.

This year, Ariella decided on dressing upon one of the Disney princess classics, Princess Jasmine. I on the other hand decided to go against Halloween for this year, I technically wasn't in the spirit to put much effort in a costume. But with Ariella, it's worth it.

''I really wish you dressed up this year mommy'' Ariella whined, eyeing my reflection with sad and pleading eye's.

''Maybe next year''. I pecked her forehead before taking off from on top of the sink. She released a displeased sigh, running to her room to grab her bag.

× × ×

''Trick Or Treat'' A group of kids chanted at the counter of Basile Café. Alice stood behind it, dressed as The Queen Of Hearts from Alice In Wonderland.

She popped her gum while saying, ''Sorry kids, we ran out of candy. Happy Halloween though''.

Their shoulders slumped in disappointment as they walked out of the store. Ariella and I walked up and while Ariella looked confused of why I brought her to a place that held no candy, I smirked knowingly at Alice who was obnoxiously chewing her gum loudly with that same smirk.

''That's the sister?''.

I nodded in response.

She looked around to make sure no kids were around to listen before leaning over the counter to look at Ariella.

''Hey kid? Want some candy?''.

I threw my head back to erupt a roar of laughter of how she sounded exactly like a rapist.

× × ×

I crumbled up another wrapper of Snickers, tossing it into the bag laid on the floor as Alice, Ariella and I sat on boxes stored in the back, happily eating candy.