➣ eight

▽ Flower By Cody Simpson

               ➣ eight

''Remember to text me how everything looks on the little one''. Lydia smiled as Ariella and I got our bags out of her trunk.

''Okay, night Lydia, night Kira'' I replied, getting back onto the sidewalk.

''Night'' They both called in unison performing small waves before Lydia drove off, leaving Ariella and I onto going inside.

''I had fun. Could we do that again sometime?'' She asked, curious of possibly experiencing another fun day with Lydia, Kira and I.

''Sure'' I replied as we got in the elevator. Ariella and I dropped our bags as I pressed the number of our apartment floor -which was the fourth floor-.

Once we were already passing our way from the third floor, I felt my phone in my pocket vibrate shortly to indicate I had gotten a text.

I thought nothing of it, mostly likely it being something from Lydia as I grabbed my share of the bags prepaired to leave the elevator as did Ariella.

Once we got inside the apartment, I dropped my bags near the front door, digging through my pocket to get my phone.

''I'm Gonna Try On My Clothes!'' Ariella announced before rushing to her room with her bags making a great amount of noise as she did so.

''Ok..'' I mumbled, more focused on the unrecognized number that appeared on my screen.

Slowly but cautiously without much attention put into, I made my way towards the couch as I unlocked my phone to read the unknown message.

Unknown:

Juliet, it's me Stiles, I hope it's not weird but I got your number from Lydia so I can ask you if you wanted to know about Ariels situation from earlier?

I smiled at it all. From getting my number from Lydia to calling his own daughter by her nickname to the fact that he wanted to inform me about my daughter.

Our daughter.

Actually, yeah I would wanna know.

''Okay Mom I'm Ready!'' Ariella announced before I saw an eager little girl rushing down the short hall, only to enter the living room.

She wore a worn out sleeveless denim jacket over a long sleeve white with black stripped shirt along with a pair of light blue jeans.

''Lydia told me to not wear the shoes until Monday'' She explained, incase I got curious of her choice of shoe apparel.

''What shoes did you get?'' I asked as she walked over to me.

''They're these black and white sneakers and it has this star..'' She trailed, attempting to describe the sneakers she unknowingly knows the name of.

''Is it called Converse?'' I asked. Realization washed over, finally reminiscing the name brand.

''Yeah'' She replied with a giggle.

''Okay, well go try on your other clothes'' I instructed. She left with a nod, leaving me to check up on Stiles newly text.

Unknown:

The kids at her school pick on her and call her these weird names. Theres one that I can't stop laughing about, llama face.

My tongue slide between my two set of clenched teeth, slightly biting my tongue as I laughed at the last part.

That by far has to be the lamest name I've ever heard..

Well I'll be sure to talk to her

''Outfit Number Two!''.

My eye's trailed to the side to see her walking with a crème floral lace top and a regular pair of black leggings.

''Nice'' I complimented as she walked over.

''Thank you''. She turned around to go back to her room that was currently filled with shopping bags that was filled with her newly bought items.

''Ariella I wanna talk to you''. She swiftly turned around with a sly smirk, debating whether or not to listen to me.

But being the well behaved one she is, she listened and walked over and sat on the coffee table that wasn't too big for her height.

''This morning, when Stiles talked to you, what did he say?'' I asked, interested of their earlier conversation.

''Mommy your phones lighting up'' She stated, but honestly I wasn't interested in my phone.

''Don't change the subject'' I strictly stated but she kept on.

''But it keeps on blinking like crazy'' She said, annoyed of how I wasn't listening to her.

I finally decided to check on my phone to find out she was right. I looked at the screen to see about ten new messages from Stiles.

Unknown:

I promise her I wouldn't tell you

Unknown:

Juliet I'll let you know more on Monday

Unknown:

Juliet don't ask her

Unknown:

ANSWER YOUR PHONE JULIET

Unknown:

JULIET I KNOW YOU SEE THIS

I rolled my eyes at his annoyance and turned to see Ariella eyeing between me and my phone.

''Nevermind sweetie'' I stated, leaning over to kiss her forehead gently. I hope she knows she can tell me anything, I would never be mad, disappointed, basically anything unpleasant with her.

''I'm gonna change into the next outfit'' She stated with such a toothy grin before running off again.

I exhaled, turning to see my constantly blinking phone.

Stiles calm down, I didn't ask her. But thank you for telling me. Goodnight.

× × ×

My back laid against the comfortable mattress, my eye's wandering around the pale ceiling while the quiet night crawling noises howled throughout time to time.

I was frustrated. I've been in bed for over an hour just sitting and thinking, and it lead me to frustration.

I was frustrated of how this other half of the bed was empty. I was frustrated with how I sat here tonight enjoying my daughters company as an only parent. I was frustrated of how Stiles is seeing someone, how he isn't with me.

I can have him. All I have to do is say ''Ariella's not my sister, she's our daughter'' and he'll be wrapped around my finger.

But I can't.

I won't.

I'm too much of a caring person to become a burden to someone who doesn't even wanna be with me in the first place.

I'm too much of a considering person to ruins someones life of my own needs or desire or simple wants.

I closed my eye's to replace the boring sight and breathed in a great amount of oxygen, my chest heaving upward before exhaling, releasing all the air I sucked.

God life can simply suck.