➣ nine

▽ Fire N Gold By Bea Miller

               ➣ nine

''Is there anything I have to go over again incase you forgot? Because I'm gonna be gone for the entire afternoon and I don't want to come back to a home that's-'' I rambled to Lydia as we both stood beside the small island of the kitchen.

I was completely and utterly cautious with leaving my only child with someone else for a few hours. I don't want anything to go bad, and I certainly hope that nothing goes as bad as of Lydia having any leads of either knowing or getting close to knowing about me and Ariella.

She giggled at my nervous state, before placing a soft and reassuring grip on my arms, ''Juliet! Stop fretting. I promise you that everything will be under control''.

I took a deep breath and smiled. Since this morning I've had this little patch of fire at the pit of my stomach that grew as it was getting closer and closer for me to get ready to leave and to find a job.

Rent payments are seeking and I am completely broke.

''Now go mingle''. She released me from her grip after a quick pat on the arm for encouragement.

''Okay''.

My heels clanked against the wooden floor as I gotten closer to the door. Just as I was about to make contact with the doorknob, I turned around to inform Lydia on one more thing.

''If I'm not home by five, five-thirty the latest, buy dinner and I promise I'll pay you back by-''.

''Juliet!'' She shouted, cutting me off. I looked at her defeated with an evident pout.

''Go'' She demanded with an outstretched of her arm, pointing towards the door.

I took another deep breath, only this time it was more exaggerated, followed by the roll of my eyes.

''Ariella!''.

The little one came rushing in, jumping into my open arms. I picked her up and spinned around only to hear her giggle erupt almost muffled from being against me.

''Bye baby'' I cooed, pecking her forehead.

''Bye Julie''.

I landed Ariella back onto the ground before exiting my apartment.

''Whose up for a Disney Frozen sing along?'' I heard Lydia's voice question echoed from the hallway.

''Me!'' Ariella cheered happily. I smiled a genuine smile before walking towards the stairs, relief to know that things will most likely be okay.

× × ×

''What makes you think you can work at my café?'' Mrs. Carter questioned as we both sat on a set of her wooden furniture near the window with the logo of her business imprinted on it.

''From multiple experience of being in here, the staff is incredibly slow, whereas I won't. Of course you won't know that unless I'm hired''. My back sat straight as one leg was crossed over the other with both of my hands rested upon my knee.

''You seem pretty confident about this'' She noticed, eyeing me intently.

''Because I know costumers want their drink or food and at a reasonable time. If they don't get what they want in under-what? Give or take 5 minutes you lose a costumer. With me, I'll be doing the opposite''. I smirked knowingly. I was reeling her in with the fact that I can bring this woman some money.

''Now that's what I like to hear''. She smiled, standing up with the stretch of her hand. I collided my hand with hers while standing up, feeling proud that after 3 failed attempts, I was able to get a job.

''You'll start tomorrow at five pm, wage is $8 an hour. You'll be making the drinks with Alice to help guide and instruct''.

I nodded as she walked away, feeling pleased to have gotten a new yet promised worker.

× × ×

The light changed and cars immediately started to zoom by, leaving me to stand at the corner and wait for the moment to cross.

''You look familiar''.

I practically jumped into traffic at the sudden abrupt sound of the somewhat familiar male voice.

I turned to see the same muscular face that I had recently encountered the day Ariella and I had went to the supermarket.

''Derek, is it?'' Reminiscing the conversation he had had with Ariella.

''Yes but last time I checked, I never gotten your name'' He replied a lot more courteous then what I had last remembered.

I started walking once the light had changed, simply replying, ''Juliet''.

From the corner of my eye, I saw his mouth open to have say something but he suddenly stopped to bring out his phone. For a moment, his face withheld no emotion before he looked up alarmed.

''Nice seeing you again Juliet'' He mumbled before running off. No, no I did not find that at all weird. But I decided to think no further of what could have suddenly been so urgent and continue to walk my way towards my building.