before aang leaves.

___: what? legend ___? no no no no. im not the legend, i cant be.

maya: how many water benders were there born 12 years ago in the SOUTH pole dear child.

___: one...... me.

maya: and do you not have a connection to the avatar.

___: i guess so.

maya: do you bend the four elements

___: yes.

maya: then what makes you think your not the legend.

___: i dont know, it just seemed unbelievable..... phew for a few years i thought the air nation avatar died and i was the next water nation avatar, im glad thats cleared up.

maya: yes, i woundnt want to worry you. (she chuckled) do you know the duties of being the legend, i only ask because the world doesnt remember there was one.

___: yes. im suposse to help aang save the world from the fire lord, keep him safe from zuko and fire lord suporters and stop the 100 year war.

maya: anything else. (she asks with a sly smile)

___: uh... not that i can think of, but i know i have more abilities then just the elements.

maya: even tho that is true, i know you know what i was talking about. (she winks)

___: oh.... yeah i know about that. i just dont know how he feels.

maya: trust me dear, that young boy adores you. now practice your new abilities.

___: ok i will, but can we keep this a secret. just for now. ill practice for sure but can i do it secretly.

maya: not ready to tell your siblings.

___: yeah.

maya: very well. gasp there is trouble behind those doors, i can help you if youd like

___: as much as i like the offer, im sure aang with roku can handle it. what if zhao knows about the legend. i dont want to be hunted for that reason AND let my family find out.

maya: very well. you can speak to me for answers to questions if you have any. so long child

___: bye maya

Smoke begins to swirl faster and faster around them. A blinding white light is coming from inside the sanctuary. Commander Zhao and his troops are silhouetted against the light. Smoke billows out into the entryway from the bottom of the door. They look at the floor in shock and fear. The light from the sanctuary continues to grow. All three (sokka katara shyu) turn their heads away to shield their eyes. The door begins to open, slowly. Prince Zuko is tied to another column. He too turns his head away from the light. Zhao and two of his soldiers standing ready to attack.

Zhao: Ready...

The light fades. As the doors begin to fully open, two large glowing eyes are visible in the dark of the sanctuary. Smoke continues to emanate from the sanctuary. Sokka and Katara are struggling against their chains

Katara: No! Aang!

Commander Zhao in firebending pose.

Zhao: Fire!

Zhao shoots a fire blast into the sanctuary. nine soldiers, including Zhao, are concentrating all their fire power at the entrance to the sanctuary. The fire blasts are not entering the sanctuary. They are being held at the door and manipulated into a gigantic ball of swirling fire. It slowly begins to open. At the heart of the fire ball is Avatar Roku, his eyes glowing. Zhao's shocked.

Shyu: Avatar Roku!

he draws the fire ball back towards himself and shoots it out into the room. Zhao and his soldiers are knocked to the floor. The heat of the blast melts the chains holding Sokka, Katara, Shyu and Zuko. Zuko, now free, runs. Avatar Roku's blast has breached the temple walls. His entire body is now glowing. They take fright and run for their lives.

Shyu: Avatar Roku's going to destroy the temple! We have to get out of here!

Katara: Not without Aang!

Avatar Roku standing in the doorway to the sanctuary. He raises his arm and brings it down on the floor of the temple. The force of his strike rends the floor. Molten lava rises to the surface. He lifts it up, pulling the magma from deep within the volcano. the volatile lava spurting and rising. A wall of magma shoots up through the entire temple structure. The lava explodes out of the very top of the temple. Zhao and his men racing down the stairs. Scene cuts back to the entryway to the sanctuary. Sokka and Katara are crouched behind a column for protection. Avatar Roku lowers his hands. He takes a deep breath and pushes his breath down. The sunlight moves up his face. The eyes of the statue are no longer illuminated by the setting sun of the solstice. The smoke created by Roku's pyrotechnics are sucked back towards him. He is completely shrouded in the smoke. As the smoke swirls and dissipates, Aang is standing in the entryway to the sanctuary. His eyes are glowing. He closes his eyes, groans and sinks to the floor. Katara and Sokka run to his side

Sokka: We got your back.

Aang: Thanks. Where's Shyu?

Katara: I don't know.

___ comes out of the sanctuary

___: aang!!! are your ok!!?!! that was incredible!!! howd you do it!?! what did he tell you!?! im ranting again arent i!

aang: yeah you kind of were

katara: see told you she was in the sanctuary!

sokka: but we have no time for that, lets go already!

Temple. Molten lava is pouring down the sides of the volcano. Smoke is billowing from the bottom of the temple. The temple begins to sink. ___, Sokka, Katara and Aang, they approach the stairs that will lead them out of the temple. Lava has reached all but the top few steps. They realize that they are trapped. One of the columns crashes to the floor behind them. They gasp and run towards the hole in the temple wall created by Roku's blast. They see that the temple is being devoured by the volcano. Suddenly, they gasp. Momo lala and Appa flying full speed towards the temple. Sokka, Aang ___ and Katara slide down one of the peaks of the temple onto Appa's back. Appa zooms away just as the temple sinks further. Aang is in the foreground. His arm rests on a bundle of scrolls. Momo hops up onto his lap, chittering. lala does the same on ___.Momo has the hat of one of the Fire Sages on his head. The temple explodes. Zhao watches Appa fly off into the sunset.)

Zhao (angrily): No prince. No Avatar. Apparently the only thing I do have is five traitors.
Fire Sage: But Commander, only Shyu helped the Avatar.
Zhao: Save your stories for the Fire Lord. As far as I'm concerned, you're all guilty! Take them to the prison hold!

appa is surrounded by puffy clouds. Appas flying towards a bright full moon. Aang ___, Katara Sokka and Momo are silhouetted against the light of the moon. Aang has drawn apart from his friends. His head hangs down with the weight of what he has learned. ___ is exited and worried all at once, learning shes the legend. she knows her and aang are meant to be, and she now knows she has powers outside the elements, the same power che was so fascinated by when she had experienced her second vision. First ___ gets up and moves towards Aang. She sits next to him and puts her arm around his shoulders. Next Sokka, gets up and moves toward Aang. He sits next to Aang, his hand on Aang's arm. katara sits behind them. Finally, Momo and lala flies towards Aang. they chitter and come to rest directly in front of Aang. Appa growls lovingly, his tail rising and falling. The light from the moon grows brighter and brighter.