Bonus Chapter 16: No Cure But Kisses

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Aaron, I'm bored!" She whined, pouting like a child and he turned to her at the odd tone. Never once had she spoke to him in such a 'friendly' tone and his eyebrow arched in confusion. She was just stood, staring at him with a pout of her face and the unfamiliar expression threw him. He was about to ask her of it, but then Danny moved in, slinging an arm casually around his shoulder.

"Yeah, go have some alone time with your girl!" Danny exclaimed loudly, making Aaron wince. He had thought he had gotten used to Danny's voice, but he was clearly wrong. He only grimaced as Danny looked to Lexi with a smirk and- much to Aaron's dismay- a hand wrapped around her shoulder.

"You are in for the night of your life, New Girl" He said, winking exaggeratedly at the end and Aaron tensed at the words. He knew his reputation preceded him, but the last thing he wanted was for Lexi to think of him in such a way. The absolute last thing.

Instead of scrutinising him in her usual manner, she let out a giggle and he turned to her at this, watching the way her nose scrunched up in a way he found oddly endearing.

"Ew no thanks!" She let out just as quickly, making him smirk at her words. When was the last time when someone had used the word 'ew' when saying anything pertaining to him? It was refreshing and he enjoyed it more than he thought he would.

His amusement only deepened when she reached over, pulling at his arm. Be ignored the warmth, feeling a mix of amusement and confusion. Still, he allowed Danny to nudge them up the stairs and into his room.

As soon as they entered, he opened his mouth to ask what she was doing, but stopped when he watched her shut the door quickly as though someone was chasing after them. It made him smirk yet again and he raised an eyebrow.

"Someone's in a rush to get in my pants." He teased, hoping to see her familiar glare and to hear her refreshing retorts. Yet, as he walked to the sit on the sofa, he was met with only silence and he watched her thoughtfully. The solemn expression on her face and the slight tepid shaking of her hands by her side, he watched it all with heightened curiosity: a curiosity he had never felt for anything in his life.

He wasn't the inquisitive type and nor had he ever cared to delve into other's minds; he already had his own screwed up mind to deal with. Yet, looking at Lexi right now, he wandered what she was thinking about so deeply. The glazed look in her eyes, like she was miles away, tugged at him as though she was leaving at this very minute.

He was about to call her name, but she looked up to him then, shaking her head in an animated manner before here eyes locked on his with a definitive certainty that scared him.

"Stand up." Was all she said in a finalising tone and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion yet again. He couldn't help the frown that formed on his face as he stared at her. This wasn't usually how Lexi behaved and it made him slightly tentative. Where was this going?

"Stand up." She repeated yet again when he didn't comply and, whilst still feeling confused, he obliged; his curiosity for what she was doing was stronger than any hesitation. He stood up slowly, his eyes never leaving hers for even a fraction of a second. Try as he might, he couldn't read her.

Even more so, when she motioned for him to come to her with a simple movement of her index finger. The odd action made him stiffen along with the tense look in her eyes. There was something about her unrelenting behaviour right now that made him blush and he wondered why she was suddenly speaking to him in this manner. He had thought she hated him.

"Me?" He questioned, looking around to see if she was talking to somebody else. It seemed too unrealistic to hope that gaze was solely for him.

She sighed dramatically at this before nodding heavily.