4

They all whispered at the same time. Confused voices carried over to the stage, made it almost seem as if someone was whispering in her ear. Ozpin's footsteps came from the left, the beaming lights from above reflected off his shaded glasses while he set all his weight on his cane. He wasn't hurt in the slightest, and despite the man's silver hair he wasn't old either. Cerana could tell he was faking it. Yet, regardless of her curious side begging for a reason why, she put it aside and focused her attention on what mattered most at the moment. Which happened to be what to team Ozpin would put her on.

Her mind wandered to the memory of those girls that were in the forest with her. The one with the blonde locks had the spitting personality of every adventurer she had come across. Bright eyed and ready to fight anything, no matter how powerful the enemy might be. There were a couple of times where she saved adventurers. Though, none of them compared to, Alein.

The other one seemed bright eyed too, the one with the short black hair and silver eyes. She was dressed like a Vampire, wearing all black. And that red hood and cape of hers made her stand out to much. There is something about her that felt unique, perhaps she's special in some kind of way. Still, Cerana could tell from one glance the evident naiveness seeping and oozing from the girls every pore.

Then there was that one with the snow hair. She had a scar down her left eye. She sounded spoiled too. It made Cerana wonder how she got the scar in the first place. If she was willing to put her life on the line to fight these black beast, then she couldn't be too bad.

Last was the quiet one. The one whose black bow twitched everytime wind brushed by. Cerana knew she was a Faunus. To her they were nothing but Humans, and couldn't care less if they had a few extra pieces attached them. Giving themselves a new name didn't change the fact that they were equally capable of deeds both good and bad. In all honesty, Cerana found this girl the most attractive. She supposed it had something to do with the mysterious and reserved air surrounding the girl. Like a thick fog so blinding one would have to be careful where they stepped.

She picked the four of them out of the crowd, just now realizing Ozpin had been talking the whole time she was in her thoughts. They walked over. All of them looked nervous as if something strange happened. "Cerana Lohr, will now be the newest member of team RWBY." Ozpin leisurely walked over. "Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long. I hope the five of you can better aquatinted in the years to come."

*****

RWBY Dorm room

She followed the girls back to their dorm room. There were beds sitting on top of each other, which to Cerana appeared quite dangerous. "Sooo..." Ruby spoke up. "This is our dorm room. Which is yours now too – I guess." She twiddled her fingers. "Do you have any questions? We'll be happy to answer them. If we can."

"Are those safe?" Cerana pointed towards the beds.

"You're asking if beds are safe?" Added Weiss.

"I'm asking if it's safe to have beds on top of each other. You four are quite fragile – something could happen."

Ruby's eyes bulged. "Your world doesn't have bunk beds?"

"No."

A bit of silence washed over the room until Yang filled it back up again with, "I have a question." She plopped herself down on one of the beds. "How'd you make it through the initiation? You didn't look like you were doing anything. And the Grim were all mysteriously being cut to shreds."

"That's a good question. I'm wondering about that too," said Weiss.

"You were unable to see what I was doing because I move faster than light. And it's impossible to touch me due to my power over infinity. "

"Infinity?"

Cerana nodded. "The space between two subjects. I can demonstrate it for you if it'll help you understand."

Ruby got excited. "This seems like it's gonna be cool!"

Cerana's mug remained expressionless towards Ruby. "It's not at all flashy as you might believe it to be." She raised and stuck her palm out. "Try to touch my hand." Ruby pushed her hand towards Cerana's but failed to get closer.

"Wow! It's like you have a barrier up."

"I'm not putting up a barrier. This is a barrier." Cerana snapped her fingers and a violet colored filled surrounded her. "This is magic. Something that can be learned in my world. My power, which is called Infinity was what I was born with. It allows me to control the space between me and everything around me." Cerana walked away and stopped at the door. "Come towards me now." Ruby couldn't move. It was as if she was trapped in place. Then she was suddenly pulled into Cerana's arms. Her cheeks burned as Cerana stoicly stared at her. "You four understand now?"

They gawked at her. "Wait – you said you can move faster than light," Blake asked.

"I did."

"How?"

"Magic."

"That was that barrier you showed us?" Blake wondered.

"Yes, I use the mana in the atmosphere to enhance my body. However, I only used about five percent. The rest was physical."

"So, what you're telling us is that you can use magic. Control the space around you. And move at the speed of light," Yang replied dumbfounded. "You might as well be on a team by yourself."

"Yang! Don't say that!" Yelled Ruby.

"Look, I'm not trying to be mean. It's just obvious that we're gonna be holding you back."

Cerana shook her head. "The four of you seem like good people to be around. Plus, I've already betrayed my promise to never deal with mortals again. I'd like to see where this road takes me."

*****

[ Yeah, I stole the Infinity from Gojo. So what! What ya gonna do 'bout it huh? Jk, jk, don't get froggy, yeah. I actually want to thank you for reading this. I love op characters. Insanely op characters in fact, and I adore RWBY – It's an amazing show. And in case your wondering, the author name is 999. Y'know, without the X's on the front and back. Got it from, Juice Wrld, may he R.I.P. Despite all the bad and horrible things he was going through in life, he used his music to connect with the people that loved him. In turn giving them the strength to cope and hopefully deal with the problems weighing them down. Hence, flipping a 666 to a 999. I want to write stories weather it be Fanfiction or fiction that'll make people smile. I know this was quite long winded. Still – hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to comment, and let me know what you think.]