Chapter 22: Please Let It Be The Truth

Sasuke's POV

Naruto slammed his head down on the table, surprising all the old men in the room as he boomed, "Dr. Lee is getting a raise! It's not what I want but the public demands this happen!"

One of the old man, Dr. Hudson or whatever who worked with Hinata quickly agreed, "Please, everybody. She deserves it."

"I don't agree!" the head of billing department, an old man in his late sixties with no hair at all, snapped. "What would the public say, President? The news about you two sleeping together has yet to die down and now this?!"

"I'm giving a reward for an employee who deserves it," my friend said as calmly as he could.

Why was I here? Well, Naruto and I were going to see an LA Dodgers game but this meeting demanded by that old bastard with no hair delayed us a bit so here I was, just spinning around in Naruto's very comfortable computer chair as he yells at his employees.

Naruto drew the deepest breath ever, "I apperciate you watching the image of me and the hospital but my decision is final! Dr. Lee will get a raise on her next month's paycheck that will roll over to the original chief when she returns from her leave. End of meeting."

The CEO closed his folder and stood up, a clear sign that no more negotiation welcomed from that point on.

The head billing department left the room in utter frustration while everybody else left with a small farewell to their president. When the final doctor left, Naruto groaned loudly and flopped down in his little leather sofa set.

"That was interesting," I commented.

"Shut it, pretty boy," he sighed. "I've had enough without your sarcasm and sass."

I laughed, "Yeah, yeah whatever. Now, when are you going to clear up that little scandal with Bookworm anyway? The press's practically dying and you two haven't made a public appearance. Well, except for the fact that she was able to save about two dozen more lives within the last few weeks."

And imagine everybody's shock when they find out she's not only dating our little president but actually pregnant with his son, too.

I remember when Bookworm first told everybody she was carrying. I remember that day all too clearly...

Flashback in Sasuke's POV

When Hinata called everybody over to lunch at her house one day, I thought something was wrong. That, or she just wanted to apologize to each and everyone of us for abandoning us when we clearly said everything was alright as long as it doesn't happen again.

Anyway, here we were, in the middle of her apartment as Kiba and Shikamaru arrived with bags and bags of McDonald's since all the girls were too lazy to cook something. There were a lot of fries and random chicken nuggets that I never figured out how all the leftovers disappeared when I visited the next day to grab some.

Then again, there were a whole bunch of girls in their twenties sleeping over in one place, go figure.

But one thing was off, Naruto wasn't present.

Sakura was the first one to start, "So why so sudden, Hinata? And where's Naruto?"

That stopped everybody's conversations. Our friends started looking around for the said blonde but he was nowhere in sight. It wasn't long before their eyes found mines in confusion.

"Hey don't look at me," I raised my arms in defense. "I'm not his keeper."

"Actually, I didn't invite him because he was hurt and it was on purpose," Hinata sighed. She was sitting in her most favorite spot, on her coffee table.