Chapter 6: Day 1 - Begin

The doorbell rang the next morning much to my despise. Stupid jet lag is killing every living cell in my body to be waking up so flipping early, too.

Van took me around LA to get familiar with the streets after our little ice cream dinner. We didn't get to my new home until like midnight, and since the airport was running a little behind on luggage delivery, we had to wait up until two for them to arrive. We played random board games he managed to run and buy at the local Wal-mart not too far.

The apartment Neji picked out for me was on the outskirts of town where I can see the Hollywood sign from my bedroom balcony window. It isn't really an apartment since only one more person lives here and I heard she's always at her boyfriend's house so I don't really have to worry. Upon arriving, she wasn't there.

My apartment was almost the mirror version of my apartment in Korea which means I didn't have to learn so many new things except get use to how everything is in English instead of Korean.

The doorbell rang once again, making me groan even harder. I didn't finish unpacking, even with Van's help, until like four. It's only seven thirty now. Why would anybody be up and about so early in the morning anyway?!

Concluding it's probably somebody important, I grabbed a hoodie and made sure my shorts weren't to short. The doorbell rang again that my finger combing increased in speed.

Running down the dangerous spiral staircase, I made sure I didn't trip. Hint the dangerous part of all of this.

I swung the door open before the person could ring it once more. A man, smaller than Van is in structure, stood there in a black suit with the expression of having seen a ghost on his face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I apologized.

He didn't say anything. His mouth was wide open and his finger slowly raised; pointing directly at the bridge of my nose.

Do I look that bad?

"H-Hinata?!" he finally managed.

I blinked, "Yeah, that's me why?"

"You, I, uh, Van, uh, wait what?!" his eyes suddenly narrowed. "Y-you're the one that passed the test?! You're the one that's gonna be working with us for the next five months?!"

I nodded, "Not that I had a choice."

The man ran his fingers through his soft blonde hair and walked around in a circle as if cooling off steam. He is eerie familiar but I don't have time to place a name with his face. He is having issues of his own right now.

"Of all the doctors the Hyugas hire, they send you," he mumbled.

"I'm right here," I said, annoyed. "You're from the Uzumaki Hospitals, right? Well, give me half an hour and I'll go with you to meet your president."

I turned to close the door but his hand caught the door before I could, "No, wait Hinata!"

I looked at him surprised. This man's pretty bold.

"You can't go and meet our president yet," he quickly said. "He's going through a time of crisis right now. Seeing you is going to throw him off his access."

I narrowed my eyes at the guy, "Who are you and how do you know my appearance will throw your president off?"

"You seriously don't remember me?"

"No!"

"It's me, Jason! Remember now?"

Jason? As in Naruto's secretary and childish Jason I met at the funeral?! I looked him over once. Wow, I am terrible at recognizing people aren't I? If Van didn't have that scar of his, I'd never know who he was. Though he did prefer I didn't recognize him...