Chapter 8: FBI Hinata

The sound of the miraculous baby cry along with her mother's wail of pain filled the whole Emergency Operating Room. I panted in relief because by the sound of the baby's cry, he was ready to come out so premature birth isn't going to harm him. He's a strong infant, not one to give up too easily.

The obstetrician specialist arrived not too long ago when the final contractions on the abused mother had started. I let her take over with the baby from there, I worked on the bruises. (Adding up to twenty-one).

Maremi and Sakura watched with complete interest while Liam and Fletcher looked so uncomfortable it's not even funny. You can't see their face but you can tell by their horrid eyes as they watched the miracle of life.

I silently smiled to myself, at least the I got goofballs instead of cocky idiots.

Dr. Sims, the midwife, and Dr. Gilbert, the gynecologist, smiled up at the mother as they carried the baby boy out. A few nurse scrambled to cut the cord and take the baby out of the room to be taken care of separately.

In normal circumstances, I would've been the one to deliver the child but since both Dr. Sims and Dr. Gilbert were present along with a lot of other eyes, I took care of the injuries. I was never a fan of child birth and only did it if I really, really had to.

It's the only process that I would hesitate on.

"Sakura, I want you to follow the nurse and learn how to care for the baby," I instructed.

My old friend nodded softly and left the room.

"Liam, is it?" Dr. Sims turned to the intern. "Can you come here and point a few things out?"

Liam's face became snow pale at the request. He opened his mouth to reply but I cleared my throat. His fearful eyes met mines before scrambling over to the midwife.

"Maremi and Fletcher," I instructed the last interns. "Take care of the wounds and if she wakes up, don't let her see Fletcher anywhere near her. You keep in her line of view, Maremi."

"Understood."

My job here is done.

~~~~~~~~

It wasn't my most impressive procedure but I'm not complaining. It was calming and the two specialist took care of their job quite well. The observing doctors left unimpressed, too.

I'm more worried about the woman's mental state after she wakes up, though. I grabbed her patient profile I received from the front desk nurse on my way back to my office and sat down on my computer chair. Opening the profile, I read the notes the ambulance were able to record upon their arrival to get her.

Her name is Taylor Hinton.

I bit my thumb nail as my eyes scanned the English notes. Says here that the cops arrived on time to stop the husband from kicking and stomping her stomach in attempt to cause a miscarriage.

I flipped the page and continued reading on:

The baby is his but since he's probably gonna be in jail for attempt on manslaughter, his brother will step in and be the father for the son for the time being. Which makes me wonder, there was nobody in the house beside the husband and Taylor around the time the cops were called. It wasn't the neighbors because they were all at work.

The husband was drunk when the incident happened. He wasn't home for the whole night. He just appeared out of nowhere, broke the door in, and started snapping crap at his tired wife then proceeded to the beating. Taylor's soul mate is known to be quite a calm and collective man with no record of complete rational behavior. He's only influenced and can be influenced very badly. And this time, he just went way too far.