Chapter 27: Blood of the Daughter

Start from the beginning

Wormtail nodded, making his way toward me again. I tried to fight but my body was still groggy from the potion. Wormtail brought me out of the room and into a large graveyard, a grim reaper statue standing eerily in the middle. He brought me to a small statue in the corner, using his wand to tie me in place.

"Why are you doing this?!" I screamed.

"It will all make sense soon enough, Y/n." He left without another word, heading back to the house to retrieve what I assumed to be Voldemort. I thought back to how they were all acting. The way Sadie had said they all wanted was my happiness and how they kept saying it would all make sense soon enough. They think I don't know Voldemort is my father! I knew I could use this if I continued to play dumb. It wasn't long before I heard a small pop and two familiar faces came into view.

"The cup was a portkey," Cedric said, seeming particularly intrigued as he stared at the glowing cup.

"I've been here before!" Harry exclaimed, fear suddenly coursing through him. "I-in a dream!"

I could see Wormtail making his way toward us, cradling what was left of Voldemort.

"Harry, get out of here!" I screamed.

"Y/n?!" Harry asked, looking around.

"Harry get out of here, now!"

It was too late. His scar began burning as Cedric rushed over to him, trying to determine the cause of his pain.

"Harry, what is it?" Cedric asked. He turned toward Wormtail, holding his wand in the air. "Who are you?! What do you want?!"

What happened next seemed to happen in slow motion.

"Kill the spare!" Voldemort hissed. I struggled with the rope as I felt white hot rage coursing through my body. Wormtail raised his wand and tears slipped down my cheeks as he shouted the curse. "Avada Kedavra!"

"No!" I screamed but it was pointless. Cedric flew backward and a tear slipped down my cheek. Wormtail gave a small smirk as he stared at Cedric's unconscious form, seeming quite pleased with himself at following my father's orders. He lifted his wand (or rather Voldemort's wand) and lifted Harry off the ground, trapping him against the grim reaper statue. I continued to struggle against the ties but I couldn't get my hands free. I tried doing wandless magic but it seemed my hand magic was failing me at the moment. I couldn't cast anything with my hands and this frustrated me greatly as I was normally quite good at wandless magic.

"Let her go!" Harry screamed, pulling at the statue but it was no use.

Harry listen to me," I said, using legilimency, hoping he would be able to hear me. His eyes flicked to mine, confusion crossing his face. Everything's going to be okay. I pulled at the ties once more, trying to get to him but it was no use.

Did they hurt you? He asked, surprising me with his ability to communicate in this way.

No, love. I'm perfectly fine. They just used a sleeping potion and brought me here. I'm okay, I answered. He gave me a small nod as Wormtail dumped what was left of Voldemort's body into a cauldron. I could hear him beginning the spell as I fought harder against the ropes. Harry screamed as Wormtail cut into his own arm, the hand dropp=ing with a sickening plop into the cauldron. Tears slipped down my cheeks as I continued fighting against the ropes. Wormtail walked toward me, untying the ropes with a small flick of a wand, pulling me up by my arm.

"And blood of the daughter," he whispered, taking a blade and dragging it across my palm, allowing the blood to drip into the cauldron. He released my hand and I scramble back as the spell began transforming my father. His body melted with the cauldron and pale skin covered his body. Two snake-like slits took the place of where his nose should be and small veins ran along the sides of his head. I no longer recognized the man standing in front of me and I felt tears slipping down my cheeks as Wormtail handed him his wand. He pressed it into the skin of Wormtail's forearm and a dark cloud appeared over the grounds, several Death Eaters appearing in that very same cloud.

"Welcome, my friends! Thirteen years it's been... and yet... here you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself... disappointed," he hissed, beginning to reprimand them for not showing up to find him sooner, specifically focusing on Lucius.

"Who's the girl?" a man I didn't recognize asked, watching me curiously.

"Come here, child," Voldemort said softly, gesturing toward me. When I didn't move he slithered toward me, his cloak dragging across the ground. He outstretched his hand toward me, helping me off the ground.

"I know this must all be very confusing for you," he soothed, though his voice did not reassure me in the slightest, its snake-like hiss putting me on edge. He looked down at my hand, anger crossing his features as he noticed the red marks on my wrist I knew would soon turn to bruises.

"I thought I told you not to harm her," he hissed, turning to wormtail.

"W-we needed her blood, my Lord," he whimpered, cowering as Voldemort towered over him. "Sh-she struggled a-and I needed her blood to complete the spell."

"Quiet!"

Wormtail cowered in fear as Voldemort's voice bounced off the headstones, echoing throughout the graveyard. He walked toward Cedric's body and Harry struggled against the stone grim reaper.

"Don't touch him!" Harry yelled, which sent a sickening smirk across Voldemort's face.

"Ah, Harry... I'd almost forgotten you were here... Standing on the bones of my father," he chuckled, moving toward Harry.

Harry grunted in pain as Tom approached him, struggling to get away as his eyebrows creased with the pain of his scar.

"Why did you need my blood?" I called after him, trying to distract him from Harry, and he turned suddenly toward me, a small smile on his thin lips.

"You are more special than you know, child." He moved closer to me and I focused on not vomiting. He was no longer the man I once knew and I hated his entire existence but I knew I couldn't show it. He approached me, lifting his hand to my face.

"I should have seen it all those years ago but I could never bring myself to admit it. I couldn't bring myself to admit that I had left you. I never wanted to leave you, my child, but I had no other choice."

"What are you talking about?" I whispered, trying to contain the tears forming in my eyes. Never let them see you cry.

"You're my daughter, Y/n."