Chapter 9: Unexpected Surprise

Hank got home in no time as he closed the door quietly, making sure he doesn't make any noise made. As he got closer to the kitchen, he could hear them talking and laughing. He heard Kagome's laugh and thought that was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard, his heart melted at the sound she had.

Kagome then felt something touch her aura as she flared her aura and sensed Hank standing just outside the kitchen, she could feel a sudden swell of love in him when he heard her laugh, and she found that information interesting.

"I know you're in there, Hank. Why don't you join us for breakfast?" Kagome said, smiling. Hank blushed, having been caught eavesdropping. He took a deep breath, put on his brightest smile, and strutted into the kitchen.

"Morning, everyone," Hank greeted them.

"Morning, Hank. How did it go last night?" Deimos asked with a smirk.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead, "I had a terrible headache. That's all."

"Why? Is it because last night you slept with Hojo's friend?" Miranda asked with a smirk.

"Randy!" Doc scolded his daughter.

"What, Dad? I just saw them last night. They were hanging out together until they left for sex," Miranda said.

Hank felt embarrassed as he put his head down, covering his face.

"Randy, you shouldn't talk in front of Hank, especially Souta because he's too young to hear this," Doc said with a serious look.

"Alright, I'm sorry, but Souta is fifteen years old, Dad. He understands what sex means," Miranda replied.

Doc groaned, hand slamming his face and rubbing it.

"Yeah, you really shouldn't talk about it. So now Hank is back, so I'll have to go back to work and figure out how to decorate the party." Kagome said with a determined look on her face.

"Should we come with you? We would be happy to help you out," Miranda said with suggestions for help.

She smiled, "Of course. I supposed Sesshomaru doesn't mind at all."

"Are you sure?" Doc asked her.

She nodded. "Yes."

"What time do you usually go back to work?" Deimos asked her.

"Nine o'clock," Kagome answered, "So Sesshomaru doesn't throw a fit by seeing me late. When we get there, I only need volunteers to help me decorate the party before the Nevada Corporation and Valentine's Day comes."

"Indeed, we're in," Doc said with a smile.

"I volunteered to help you with decorations," Miranda said with a grin.

"I wanna help, too!" Souta said happily.

"Same here!" Deimos raised his hand.

"Me, too!" Sanford said.

Kagome sweatdropped as she chuckled, rubbing the back of her head. "Okay then," she said, "So... everyone else."

"I am," Hank responded, raising his hand as he had a worse headache.

Kagome looked worried when she saw him like this. "Are you sure? If you're not feeling well, you can stay home. Mom and Grandpa will take care of you."

He gave her a soft smile through his mask and said, "I'll be fine, I promise." He assured me, "I brought pills, so it'll get rid of the pain."

She smiled at him. "Okay then."

***

While this was going on, Sawa was at home making breakfast for herself after having sex with Hank J. Wimbleton last night and having a discussion with her lover, Hojo. She cracked an egg to make an omelet and started to whisk it. She poured it into the frying pan, but when the smell of the cooking egg hits her nose a wave of sickness hits her. Quickly pulling the pan off the stove, Sawa barely has enough time to make it to the bathroom before vomiting. She continued to retch into the toilet, flushed it, and sat on the cold tile shaking and feeling clammy.

Sawa slowly got off the floor and went to the sink to brush her teeth. After that, she went back into the kitchen while holding her nose as she threw the egg into the garbage. After that, she decided to make some chamomile tea to calm her abdomen. Sitting down at her kitchen table, she slowly took a sip of her tea and wondered why the smell of the egg made her so nauseous.

She was about to take a sip of her tea when she stopped short and her eyes widened, "No... it can't be..."

She realized that she hasn't had her period for a while. She has never been regular and sometimes she would skip a month, but now she realized that it has been eight weeks since her last period. She got up and ran to her room to grab her purse and left her apartment, heading for the nearest drug store.

She walked in and went straight to the family planning aisle while looking for the pregnancy test when she passed the condoms and stopped in her tracks. The image of the unwrapped condom sitting on Hojo's bedside table flashes in her head.

She took a pregnancy test and went to grab a water bottle. She paid and went home. The minute she walked through the door, she started chugging a water bottle.

A few minutes later, she started to take a pregnancy test. Five agonizing minutes later, she had the results. Saw a stood in the bathroom, holding the pregnancy test as she realized she is pregnant.

"I'm pregnant..." Sawa said in shock.