Chapter 4: Not Really Interesting In You

Kagome had finally arrived in Nevada after a long flight over a few hours. So, with that settled Kagome enjoys the rest of her flight back to Nevada, but as they got closer and closer to the United States her nerves started getting the better of her. The pilot came over the intercom informing her that they were coming in for a landing. Kagome put her tablet away and buckled up. It was seven in the morning when she landed, it took her about an hour to get through customs and get her luggage.

A car was already waiting for her to take her to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel Hotel. It was nine by the time she was checked in and settled in her suite. She took a quick nap. When she woke up, she showered changed, and called down for her driver to be ready. She got downstairs and got in the car. Lastly, she told them her uncle's address and drove away.

Within a few minutes, the car stopped and Kagome finally arrived at her uncle's house. She got off the car and paid him her money before heading her way to the house. She stood over the door, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door until someone answered door. Unfortunately, she heard a familiar voice that she doesn't want to deal with. She knew for sure it was Hank J. Wimbleton, the one who pissed her off before. She gave him a frowning look but now gave him a glaring look.

Hank glared at her, now remembering her, "Can I help you?"

"Why, yes, Wimbleton, I'm here to see my uncle. I want to talk to him about my work." Kagome said in a stern voice.

"What of it?" Hank questioned her, rolling his eyes.

"If you would please let me in," Kagome declared.

"Not until you tell me, sweetheart," Hank said, now smirking at her.

"Fuck you," Kagome replied angrily.

"Hank, who is at the door?" It was Miranda who called out to him.

He smirked, chuckling, "Oh, it's nothing."

"Let me in, goddamnit!" Kagome shouted as she pushed Hank away with her might, but she knew he was stronger than before.

"Kagome, is that you?" Miranda asked, shocked. Now seeing Kagome was trying her best to get in the house, but Hank blocked her playfully. She was mad at Hank for being a total jerk to Kagome, so she came up to them and lightly slap Hank in the face.

"Hank, let her in!" Miranda shouted at him, glaring at him.

He smirked in defeat, finally letting Kagome in.

"Kagome, what brings you here?" Miranda said happily.

"You'll never going to believe this, but first, I need to talk to Uncle Tobi. Where is he?" Kagome said.

"In his lab. I'll go get him for you," Miranda said, before leading her to her father's lab room. She then offered her a cup of tea and then went to go get her dad.

Kagome nodded, "Okay."

Kagome then sat there, drinking her tea and waiting for her uncle to arrive. She looked around his house and admitted to herself that it was a lovely home. When she finished her tea, she stood up and walked over to the window to look out over the view.

As she was staring out the window, she heard footsteps, thinking it was her uncle. Unfortunately, it was Hank, which pissed her off more.

She glared at him again and said, "It would be nice if you lay off for a moment, Wimbleton." Kagome said in a serious tone, now sounding so angry.

"Why? You like seeing the view," Hank teased her.

"If you would please leave me alone, so I can have alone time," Kagome demanded.

He smirked widely through his smirk, facing her like he was finding her so very attractive and Kagome ain't having his bullshit. However, leaned over the glass of the window with his elbow and still faced Kagome.

"You absolutely caught my attention. You peek my interest, sweetheart," Hank said, winking his eye at her.

Kagome grossed out, flinching. "Ew! Are you trying to ask me out!? We barely just met!"

He gave her a look. "Are you gay?"

"What if I am?" Kagome asked, smirking.

He scowled, "You're absolutely lying. I know you're not gay and I know that you like me."

"Dude, I have a boyfriend," Kagome said with a serious look.

He blinked with an awkward look. "Say what now...?"

"Um... I have a boyfriend, so don't think of trying to ask me out, loser. Hojo and I have been for two years now and there is nothing you can do about it." Kagome said with an evil smirk.

Hank rolled his eyes, "Whatever," he said then eyeing her with a lustful smile, "As sooner or later when you guys are through, you're mine."

She looked away. "In your dreams, buddy."

Finally, she heard them coming down the stairs. She turned to see Doc wearing a Black Sabbath short sleeve round neck T-shirt. Black jeans and a pair of black sneakers. He got to the bottom of the stairs and gave her a cheeky grin.

"Why, hello there, my lovely niece. What a nice surprise." Doc had a sudden urge to hug her.

"Hi, Uncle Tobi," Kagome said, hugging him back.

"To what do I owe this little visit? Please tell me it's the latter," Doc said.

Kagome smiled at him, "I wish it was the latter, but unfortunately it's neither."

"What is it, my dear?" He asked.

She looked over and eyed Hank who was watching the whole scene, then she suggested to him that they need to talk in private, so Hank won't hear it or bother them. Doc nodded in agreement and went to the private, so Kagome could talk with him.

Kagome then explained things to Doc about the Nevada Corporation will be there in Japan for two weeks because of the business discussion, so she told him that one of her family, especially her boyfriend Hojo, Doc, and Miranda who were invited to the Valentine's Day party, which surprised him. She also told him that she has to help Sesshomaru to decorate the party, so Doc thought it would be a great idea to help her out. Even though he suggested to her that if she would stay for a week, he would take her to the shop to buy one of Valentine's decorations.

"It sounds like a plan, Doc. Before we do so, how about we can go to the restaurant for dinner?" Kagome said with a smile, "I'll pay you for the money."

"You don't have to do that, Kagome. I'll just pay it." Doc said.

She nodded, "Okay."

After that, Kagome and the others decided to go out as she walked into the living room and saw Hank sitting on the couch, eyeing her like a predator.

She gave him a look. "You got a problem, Wimbleton?"

"Not much," Hank responded. Then she walked away from him and headed outside for fresh air, ignoring Hank.