52 | wriggles

i don't know for certain, but i feel like i've nearly had sex on your bed.

[ 6.03 — 6.04 ]

Derek Hale did not want to be cooped up in the Beacon Hills high school library. But he also didn't have much of a choice as he stuck with Scott and the others to try to find all they could about the Ghost Riders and their only solid hint — Stiles. Because Willow was a name, a common name, it didn't really give Derek a starting point for him to try and find her.

Even so, Lydia explained that her name wouldn't be left behind in any records, not even at the hospital if she'd ever been a patient there. It was a miracle they even had the name Willow to begin with.

At a table, Scott and Lydia were looking at an online dictionary while Derek sat across from them, glaring at anyone that shot him a questioning look when they passed. He certainly didn't pass for a high schooler, but no one was making him leave, either.

"'Stile'," Scott read off the bright screen. "An arrangement of steps that allows people, but not animals, to climb over a fence."

Scott then turned to Lydia, who had a doubtful look on her face. Derek just rolled his eyes, also thinking it was useless.

"Yeah, somehow, I don't think these are the 'Stiles' we're looking for," Lydia muttered.

"Ya think?" Derek asked snarkily.

"Okay," Scott said calmly, "Maybe Malia has found something."

"No. She's been taking a test all morning," Lydia reminded him. Her grades had been dropping a lot the last three months. "She's in my mom's office."

"This is pointless," Derek said, nodding to the computer while he stood up. "This isn't something the internet is going to solve."

"Look, Derek, we're doing the best we can with what we've got," Scott told him.

"But it's still not good enough," he grumbled before getting up from the table.

Derek didn't leave the library altogether but he did leave the area the other two were sitting. Neither Scott nor Lydia chased after him, knowing he needed to cool down. Since returning to Beacon Hills — presumably, since losing this Willow — he'd been snappier and much less pleasant.

Not that Derek had ever been pleasant to begin with.

To blow off steam and think away from the other two, Derek began to aimlessly wander around. This library was different from the one he used when he went here — it was built after Jackson tore up the old one as the Kanima. But they did use the old shelves, just moving them into the nicer library.

It took some searching, but once Derek reached the second floor, he found the shelf he was looking for. He had to crouch down to find his own set of initials, the 'DH' scrawled in faded black marker, smiling at the memory.