I pick my phone which i had forgotten in the middle of chaos. I blink twice as i observe the tons of missed call from Sun's school.

Raising sun after my sister's death has taught me few things . And one among them is that receiving a call from the school during work hours is never good news.

Just how bad can this day get.

I dial the number back. And they pick up on the 3rd ring.

"Hello, am sun hunter's uncle.......ah well  am sorry i couldn't pick up earlier but....".

"Oh that's ok his father came". She cuts me  off with a strictly professional voice.

"Am sorry who?. Who came?.......".

"His father....weren't you informed.  Sun identified him". She replies hesitantly.

I was stunned speechless,  i don't know sun's father.  My sister never wanted to talk about him and i let her be.

I always thought we had time,  that she would tell me eventually , but then she died.

So i never got around to know him and he never came around either. So i had taken full custody on Sun.

Now i really don't know how to feel about this, a part of me is angry that he thinks he can show up unannounced.  And a part of me is terrified of loosing sun.

But another part of me is glad he still get to have one parent.

"Well i could have sworn they looked alike...". i hear the principal saying in hushed whispers.

"It's ok, thank you". I hang up.

I dial sun's phone. Just to check if he is really fine.

"Sun, where are you".

"Am at home". He replies before chuckling in response to whatever he hears from the background.  And it sounds like a man's voice.

"Who are you with".

"Your friend Donovan".  He replies distractely.

"Who?....".

"Your friend ...........".he replies distractely, then giggles. "Here he wants to speak with you".

"Lucian".

I freeze. This is King's voice, i know it. So in return i hang up the phone.

Carrying my jacket i run out of the room. Only to collide with zake.

"Dude where are you going?". He asks  with concern as he grips on my arm .

Pulling myself out of his hold." I have some business to attend to". I respond distractely as i keep running.

***

I open the door rather aggressively . I find King dressed in my apron serving food of 3 on the table.

"You're home" . He greets as he arranges the spoons on the table. "That was fast".

"Get out". I shout

All i get in return is a raised brow from him and a stunned look from sun.

Putting my hands on the back where i secured my gun i look him dead in the eyes.

"I kept my end of bargain,  you were supposed to keep yours". I say sharply.

"Uncle please............it's not his fault.  I .....i....".sun stumbles over his words.

"Sun go to your room now". I demand before returning my eyes to king. "last warning get out now".

"I think you should calm down, you are scaring Sun and being irresponsible". He replies camly but he was glaring at me.

"You don't get to tell me what to do in my house". I say as i begin moving in fast strides towards him.

Only to be blocked by sun, who was acting as a shield to protect him.

"I called him". He shouts with unshed tears. "i got into a fight so i called him. I am the one who lied on the fact that he is my father". " It was all me" . He says as he points to himself. "So please ".he wails desperately.

I am forced to take a step back. Am stunned speechless yet again, that seem to be a thing i developed. I hope it's curable.

Thing is i hate seeing sun crying always makes me feel like am failing somehow as a guardian.

I kneel and place my hands gently on his shoulders.

"Hey, it's ok. Am not mad at you.  I just want you to explain to me what happened". I try to speak in soothing manner.

"I got into a fight with some boys. They kept saying mean words to me. So i fought".  He says as he plays with his nails.

"Sun , you are supposed to report that to your teachers , when your friends say bad things to you. Fighting only makes you seem bad and it gets you in trouble".  I try to explain gently as he seems already aggregated.

King scoffs. I turn to glare at him.

"You won't get in trouble if they throw the first punch. That becomes self defence, plus last time i checked friends don't say terrible words and throw punches around". he says completely ignoring me.

"King.....".i growl.

"No, he is right. They are not my friends.  They keep bullying me, continously.......".

"You should have reported to your teachers". I try to explain but he pulls away from me.

"I did". He shouts. "but they just ignored me because the other kid's parents are rich and they make huge donations at school. So i fought back today and am actually glad i did . so i am sorry uncle but i won't apologise and given same conditions i will do it again". He concludes in single breath.

"Why didn't you tell me". I speak in a very low voice that i almost couldn't recognise it.

He just shrugs. "I was scared,  they had powerful parents and they kept saying that there parents could destroy our lives"." And am brilliant enough to know when they are not bluffing"." Plus i didn't want to dissapoint you".

"Ooh sun". I pull him into a hug . "I am proud of you for standing up for yourself when no one did. And you have my full permission to do it again but ........just keep me in the loop next time ok". "I would like to deal with their parents myself.  And i promise you they won't do much to me so don't hold back in my account."

"He called me when you didn't pick up the phone". King breaks our bonding time.

"Well everyone was bringing their parents so i thought i should get myself a dad". Sun exclaims with a smile. "I thought if i have a parent with me then they would be scared and stop bullying me". He continues happily.

My heart actually breaks. I feel so pained upon hearing those words. And king must have noticed cause he announces.

"Why don't we start eating while it is still hot".