~~SIX~~

"What is Istar?" I questioned.

"The holy lands of the druids," he replied.

"And how the hell did walking through that stone arch send us here?" Howzer exclaimed, his head whipping back and forth as he took everything in. The others were equally awed by our surroundings.

I was more intrigued by the mana that tickled my tongue. It tasted sweet, and reminded me of King's Chastiefol healing barrier. It tasted powerful and my insides clenched with a hunger that had nothing to do with needing actual food.

"We just walked through a special gate that protects this place."

"Wouldn't it usually be closed in that case?" Gilthunder questioned.

"Yes but they were expecting us," Hendrickson answered, nodding in front of us.

"Long time no see, Hendy!" called a female voice.

Standing at the centre of the wonky bridge were three people - two petite females and one towering hulk of a man. Hendrickson, with his cheeks a shade of red, dismounted his horse and headed towards them. I shared a look with the others. They all shrugged their shoulders and followed suit.

"My oh my, you've brought some interesting friends!" the golden-haired one in a red dress with yellow flowers said. She placed her hands on her hips, staff in hand. "Welcome everyone. We are the druid chiefs. I'm Lady Jenna, and this," she pointed her staff at the other female, brown haired, in a white dress with pink flowers, "is Lady Zenari."

Lady Zenari bobbed her head but her stony face was unreadable.

"And I am Theo, the priest in charge of protecting the chiefs. It's nice to meet you all," Theo said, in the squeakiest voice that could ever come out of the muscled up man - the voice of a child basically.

"How old is he?" Griamore muttered to Howzer.

"Aw, Hendy, you're all grown up!" Jenna pinched him on the cheek.

"Stop calling me that," he muttered, turning redder still and swatted her hand away.

"But it's so fun!" she giggled and danced around him.

"We've come for your help," he said.

"You've always been so serious since growing up and straight to the point. We know why you're here," she said, patting him fondly on the head. Then she turned her bright, turquoise eyes on me. "And you as well, Fox of Greed."

I cocked my head. She knows of me?

"Then do you know if you can turn Estra back into a human?" Howzer asked.

"I freaking hope so," I muttered.

"Most definitely. Don't worry, Estra. You may be under a complicated spell but I've lived a long time. I've seen and reverted this before."

"You can understand me?" I asked.

"What do you take us for?" Lazy Zenari said. My ears flattened on my head as I glared at her from the side of my eye.

Jenna clapped her hands. "Ready to turn human again?"

"Most definitely!" I said, stamping my feet.

"Right then! Brace yourself!" Jenna said, twirling her staff before tapping my forehead with it. The clear peal of a bell rang out and my body, from the paws up, began to infuse with a white glow until I saw nothing but brightness as it traveled up my body.

My fur stood on end, the skin beneath itching and everything the glow touched turned warm like I'd settled myself in front of a roaring fire. Once it reached my face, my vision succumbed to the brightness but it did not burn my eyes like I expected. I felt like I was floating. Ever so slowly, the glow faded.