Chapter 19: Abomination (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" I asked my anxious friend was he approached the car. Stiles and I engulfed in a tight hug as rain drops pattered on our face. Stiles nodded into my neck, assuring me that he had gotten out physically unscathed. Stiles quickly moved on and got into the passenger seat of the car, making me take residence in the back.

"You were right." Stiles sighed as he situated his seat belt, "It's not like you. Its eyes were almost...reptilian. There was something about it..." Stiles mused on.

"What do you mean?" Scott curiously asked.

"You know when see like a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see is their eyes? You feel like you know them but you just can't figure out who it is."

"Do you know who it is?" I wondered, seeing Stiles glare off pensively into the distance.

"No," he quickly said, "but I think it new me."

☾☾☾

"Dude, you missed the turn." Scott pointed out as I drove past the school's parking lot and to the front drop off area. I shifted the car into park before looking over to Scott and sighing.

"I know Derek's not staying in his old house anymore, especially with all the hunters here. Where is he?" Scott threw his hands up in exasperation. 

"Why do you even want to know? Come on Hale, park. We're going to be late for class." Scott whined.

"I just want to talk to him. Just about what Stiles' saw last night. Can you tell me where he is or no?"

"I don't want you around him with what he did to me the other night."

"Which is why I'm going and not you. I'm not going to play go-fish, Scott. I'm going to ask him a question. Trust me, after that I want nothing to do with him." I muttered. Scott dramatically sighed, his ego still bruised from Derek's beating.

"Remember the old train station in the warehouse district they closed down a few years ago?" I nodded, having an idea of where Scott was talking about. "That's Derek's new lair."

☾☾☾

I pulled up to the abandon train station and cautiously got out of the car, looking around at the suspiciously empty area. Scott seemed positive Derek was staying here, but, where was Derek's car? More importantly, where were Derek and his cronies? I slowly made my way through the front entrance of the abandoned train station, yanking the creaking front doors to find them unlocked. My nose crinkled, the musty dust-filled air clogging my nostrils. I walked towards the back in search of Derek, the emptiness and stillness of the train station sending an eerie void through my stomach. Was everywhere Derek lived so lifeless and solitary? I pushed the thoughts into the back of my mind as I finally found a door that lead to a set of stairs. I turned the knob, tugging the door open and almost immediately hearing grunts and groans.

Bingo.

I quietly walked down the stairs to find two betas' in training, and Boyd watching from the bottom of the stairs. Derek was wearing a skin tight wife beater and barely breaking a sweat as he tossed Isaac and Erica to the ground. I had to admit, it was more than entertaining to watch. Sensing me, Boyd turned around and smiled at my presence while nodding a silent hello. Derek dramatically sighed while Erica struggled to stand up.

"Does anyone want to try not being completely predictable?" Derek spat as I reached the bottom of the stairs and began walking towards them. Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Erica went from struggling to get up to leaping up on Derek and putting her lips to his. The sounds of heavy breathing and the two kissing each other echoed in my ears. I stopped short in my place, my lips parting as I could feel the wind being taken out of me. Confusion swelled like a tide in my stomach as my eyes grew wide at the scene in front of me. Erica's arms were running through Derek's hair and against the nape of his neck. Her legs were tightly wrapped around his body. And the worst of all was, he was kissing her back. My throat felt tight and hot as I continued to watch the scene. A sinking feeling settled itself in the pit of my stomach. In what felt like hours later, Derek threw Erica off of him and onto the floor besides Isaac. I tried swallowing the hard lump stuck in my throat, but it just wouldn't go down. I felt a ping of anger echo through my veins. But, what angered me more was realizing it wasn't anger—it was sadness and jealousy. Confusion. Derek used the back of his hand to wipe his lips of Erica's spit.