Chapter 20 | Noted

My heart is raising. I'm standing right outside the stadium they are having their concert trying to gather my thoughts and self together. The concert is still some hours away, but Victoria invited me to come earlier so I can actually spend some time with them. So, here I am. I struggled a lot making a decision whether I should come or not. It felt weird and I kept thinking that Damiano wouldn't want me here, but Victoria shouldn't have invited me if he wasn't okay with this. Right?

I take a few deep breaths and then start walking towards the entrance. I texted Victoria that I was here, and she told me that she'd sent someone to meet me at the gate. I walk there steady and slowly. I stop just right outside looking around, scanning, wondering what I should do. A young man approaches me and asks me If I'm Leda in Italian then he gives me a pass card and asks me to follow him. We walk for quite some time before we arrive at a hallway full of doors. The scene around is crazy. People are running everywhere carrying stuff around. The young man stops in front of a door and nods me the way. I thank him and then he disappears. I stay outside the door for some seconds. There's something stopping me from going inside. I haven't seen them in a year, and it feels kind of weird. I'm still surprised that they even invited me to their concerts. It feels so special, and I feel like I don't belong here. And apart from that I'm not sure If I'm ready to face Damiano yet. The thought that there's only this door separating us makes my heart beating like crazy and I just want to run away. Again.

I take a deep breathe and just when I'm about to knock on the door, it opens. Ethan appears but stops for a second, since he was not expecting to see me right outside the door but then he immediately smiles at me.

"Leda! Hi!" He greats me.

I can hear Victoria yelling my name from inside the room. She rushes to the door and greats me by hugging me. "It's so good to see you."

"You too." I say hugging her back. "Thank you so much for inviting. It feels too special."

"Of course." She smiles and back away. "Come in."

Ethan excuses himself and walks away to where he was headed before I came. I sight slightly preparing myself and walk inside hesitantly. The room is empty except Thomas who has sunk on a couch.

"Hey!" He shouts when he sees me.

I find myself feeling relieved that Damiano is not here. It gives me valuable and very needed minutes to prepare myself.

Victoria sits on the couch next to Thomas and slighty hit the chair next to her inviting me to sit. I take the sit looking around the room. I'm guessing that it's the waiting room. There's no clothes around and it's very neat. In the corner there's a small buffet with snacks and drinks.

"It's so good to see you guys. And this..." I say pointing around. "...is so awesome. I'm very happy for you."

"Thanks." Thomas says almost mumbling.

"How are you?" Victoria asks me smiling.

"Good." I smile back. "I'm trying to adjust to living in a new country but it's exciting. How have you been?"

"Well." Victoria chuckles. "Tired but it all worth it."

"I haven't had a decent sleep for weeks." Thomas adds.

"I can imagine." I pause for a minute. "I must be honest, it's really weird seeing you in your element. It feels surreal."

"Believe me, it feels surreal for us to. Everything is happening so fast."

Ethan opens the door and looks inside then he speaks to Thomas in Italian. Thomas nods and gets up.

Victoria turns to me. "They need them to find him clothes."