Chapter 4 | A god damn attractive reason

22 May 2021

"I'm bored already." Marsia rests her head on the back of the sofa.

"We've seen one song."

"It's that boring." She says pointing at the TV. "And that song was Bad Romance."

"You should know about bad romances." I take a sip from my glass. I know that I said I would let it go but that's just the perfect opportunity. I couldn't resist. Maybe it will be good for her to face her feelings, if she has any, and be absolutely sure if she's okay with the situation with Stefanos.

She glares at me. "You are the one talking?"

"I have no romance." I tell her emphasizing no with my hands and immediately regret what I just told her. I know she's not going to let it go easy now.

"Yeah." She paused. "For almost a year now."

My thoughts stopped to that. It's been almost a year already? What is going on with me? There's been a year and there has been no guy that I got interested to even a little. I tried to deny it but as the days passes, it's becoming harder and harder.

18 August 2020

I was sitting on the table reading my book and drinking my coffee. It was afternoon and it was calm and quiet. I was pretty much alone because Orestes, Zoe and Marsia had gone to the supermarket and Stefanos was taking a nap on the beach. I was lost reading my book and I didn't give much attention to my surroundings.

"Mind If I sit?" A voice brought me back to reality.

I turned around and saw Damiano standing next to me. "Not at all. Sit." I placed my book on the table.

He took the sit beside me and placed his mug on the table. "Where's everyone?"

"Everyone is at the supermarket except Stefanos who's sleeping over there." I said pointing at Stefanos some meters away, laying on a blanket.

I pointed at his glass. "You disappoint me. You promised else."

He chuckled. "I may exceeded... a little."

I shook my head like I was disappointed.

"What are you reading?" He took my book of the table and gave it a look and then turned back at me. "I don't know what I'm trying to do. I don't understand a word."

He placed the book back on the table and I chuckled. "It's called Sculpting In Time. It's by Andrei Tarkovsky, a Russian director and screenwriter."

"Oh." He laid back on his chair. "Any movie that I heard of?"

"Hard to tell." I paused. "I would say that his most famous movie is Ivan's Childhood. It's about World War 2."

He shook his head. "Haven't seen it."

"Well, it's a really good movie. I would suggest it."

"So, are you into cinematography?"

"It's kind of my subject. I have studied theater."

"Artistic." he said looking forward.

"Aha." I took a sip from my coffee. "What do you do? Are you studying, working or maybe nothing?"

"I'm..." He hesitated. "A musician."

It was obvious that he felt a little uncomfortable saying that. Maybe he was embarrassed, but why? What could he possibly do that could be embarrassing? I wasn't sure I should ask more even though I was so curious. I decided not to, he would tell me if he wanted, and I didn't want to be nosey, plus it was none of my business, so I just nodded and repeated what he said. "Artistic."