Chapter 7 | Not this time

22 May 2020

"What the fuck?" Marsia yells at TV ."That was Hooverphonic. They're actually decent. What are they doing in Eurovision?"

I take a bite from my burger, enjoying both my burger and the fact that it seems like she is not mad at me anymore and she's willing to just chill and watch Eurovision. "And very good performance too."

"Not my cup of tea, but I guess."

"The best one yet."

Marsia laughs. "You take it so seriously. You are funny."

I glare at her. "Why did I invite you over? I should have watched it alone."

"Are you voting too?" She says still laughing.

"You are laughing now but wait until it gets to the end when you'll be sitting at the edge of your sit waiting for the results."

She looks at me in disbelief. "I couldn't care less."

I smile because I know that she'll be screaming at the TV by the end. I know that this is going to happen. I remember three years ago when I made Stefanos watch it with me and he was shooshing me by the end of the show, when they were announcing the winner. He got so mad at the result. It was so funny to watch.

The doorbell rings and I get up to answer it. It's probably Vana. Vana is a girl that started working at the bar about two months ago and I like her a lot, so we hang out outside of work a lot too.

"Are we expecting someone?"

"Vana is coming."

"Cool. I like her."

Vana storm in the apartment some seconds after. She hangs her bag quickly on the hanger by the door and quickly walk towards the TV. "Am I very late? Did I miss Italy?"

"Ehmm." I look at Marsia trying to recall. "I don't think so. Why?"

"Why?" Vana looks at me with wide eyes. "You haven't seen the hottie of Italy?"

"Oh, perfect timing to talk about that, but we are not talking about Italian hotties today." Marsia lowers her voice and points at me. "She gets mad. It's forbidden, she'll get up and go into the kitchen."

"Could you shut up please?"

I throw a pillow at her. There goes the whole willing to just chill. She will not let it go tonight.

Vana looks at us confused. "Huh?"

I decide to ignore Marsia's comment and talk to Vana about a lighter subject. And what lighter subjects than Eurovision? "I haven't seen any participants. I've heard only our song."

"Then I must warn you." Vana laid back. "He is yum-my."

Marsia laughs at her words. I know why she is laughing, and it makes me mad.

19 August 2020

I was sitting with Marsia and Zoe on the table after we ate. Stefanos was cleaning the dishes and Orestes was talking with Thomas and Ethan outside of their RV.

"I noticed something today." Zoe moved her chair closer to me.

I turned and looked at her. "What?"

"I saw you with Damiano this evening." She smiled at me. "Is something going on?"

Marsia laughed. "This is going to be fun."

I could feel my cheeks blushing. "You caught that?"

"Aha." She nodded. "So?"