Chapter 15 | That's new

22 May 2021

I can not believe what I'm seeing. It's him. It's Damiano and he's there. It's crazy and shocking and I had no idea. How could I have no idea? And what kind of messed up coincidence is that he appeared after I said what I just said. That's fucking unbelievable. I'm looking at the TV with my eyes wide opened. I turn to look at Marsia who is looking at me just as surprised.

"Now don't tell me that he's not hot?"

Of course, Vana is clueless and am I willing to tell her that he -the guy she's watching right now and she's drooling all over- is the guy I was talking about? I'm not sure I am. I am unable to speak and I have no idea how to act normal. I bring my hand to my face trying to hide my shock.

"Mhm." I nod without saying a word.

I hear Marsia giggling next to me until she can't hold it anymore and starts laughing loud. It's a sort of nervous laugh, sort of a laugh about my reaction, and I can't blame her. I can't even look at her because, well what's new, I'm captivated by looking at him singing. I've never seen him perform before and it's something else. He's so sexy, I can't even describe it. They way he moves, the way he acts, the way he sings, the way he looks into the camera. The way he's dressed. Everything. I can't take my eyes of the TV, but I manage to, for like a second, when I hear Vana asking Marsia why she was laughing. I give a dirty look at her meaning that she should not say a word.

Vana tries to find an excuse. "The pants he's wearing. It's looks like it's big on him and they have raised it up, so they won't fall. It's hilarious."

"What?" Vana turns at me, but I still can't take my eyes of the TV. "Leda, don't tell me you find it funny too."

"I find many things funny right now."

Vana is not even paying attention to my question. She's still drooling all over the TV. "And he has a tattoo on is ribs that says boys do cry. It's so cool."

"Yeah, that's new." That came out of my mind without realizing it. I am so mesmerized by watching him that I can't even control what I am saying. But I realized what I did as soon as I said it.

Vana looks at me confused "What?"

"What?" I repeat not knowing what else to say after that. I can hear Marsia giggling again. Thankfully, Vana is too busy fangirling almost like a teenager that she can't give me much attention. For the rest of the song, we stay quiet. I'm still in shock and cannot believe that this is really happening. I mean I knew that he was famous, but I guess I never realized it until now. He's fucking famous. I must admit though that I'm enjoying what I'm seeing very much. At some points I can't even hide sights, but Vana doesn't pay attention to me. For all she knows, I may be feeling breathlessness. Marsia on the other hand has been trying to not laugh the whole time.

Once their performance is over and before I even get a second to settle Vana asks. "Now, don't tell me they're not the best we've seen."

"That was definitely the one I enjoyed the most" Marsia said still giggling.

I am determined to not crack and let anything give me away. My mind can also function better now that I can't see him. "Ehm... I think I still prefer Finland or Ukraine."

"Seriously?" She looks at me in disbelief and then shrugs her shoulder. "Taste I guess."

"Yeah, that was so not my taste." At this point even I can't help but giggle at the situation.

I hear the keys on the door and finally someone is going to distract me from what just happened. Stefanos walks in the apartment and waves. Then quickly places his stuff on the table next to the door and comes our way "You have no idea what I just saw on twitter."