Chapter 8 | The dirty details

22 May 2020

A couple of songs have passed and Marsia seems to have let go of her desire to piss me of, so we are just watching Eurovision, commenting and Vana is telling me about work. I had the day off, but she was working before.

"Where exactly are you going?"

"Rome. I got accepted at a fashion school. The program starts in September but I thought I'd go sooner. Maybe try and find a job since I do need an income to pay for stuff like rent, food, life in general."

"That's sounds logical." She smiles a little. "But Rome? That's great. You're going to love Rome."

"Oh." Marsia laughs. "She already does."

I glare at her again. Two whole songs without saying anything but she had to, again. What is up with her today? She can't let it go.

"You've been to Rome before?" Vana asks me cluelessly on what Marsia meant.

"No, I haven't." My eyes still angrily on Marsia.

Vana seems confused. "What's up with you two today?"

Marsia looks at me "If it's nothing tell her. Why do you have such a hard time talking about it?"

I try to fight back my annoyance, but I fail to do so.

"I'm not having a hard time talking about it. It's not a subject that people usually go around talking about. It doesn't matter at all."

My voice got louder, and I know I have to leave the room to calm down. I don't want to ruin my night by arguing with Marsia over that and I don't want to make Vana feel uncomfortable. I take a deep breathe.

"You know what? I need a minute to calm down."

I get up and leave the room. I am sitting on my bed and with my face between my hands. I take deep breathes trying to calm down. I'm mad at Marsia right now. Why she keeps bringing it up? I already told her and made it clear that I don't want to talk about it.

I hear a slight knock on my door and look up to see Marsia coming inside my room. I get up from the bed and look at her. "I don't want to argue."

"Me neither." She pauses and comes closer. "I just wish you'd talk to me. I'm sorry if I'm crossing the line sometimes, but it's only because of your stubbornness to see and face reality. It'll only do good to you."

"I don't want to." I yell. I calm down, lower my voice and repeat. "I don't want to."

Marsia comes closer to me and hugs me. "It's okay. I'll stop."

21 August 2021

I was sitting on the chair reading my book and drinking my coffee. Marsia was sitting next to me reading her book. I felt someone leaning on me from behind until I felt a breath on my ear.

"Buongiorno bella." Hearing him talking Italian was very sexy and he knew that. His voice was deep and low.

I smiled and looked up on him. "Goodmorning."

"How was your night?" He asked playfully. He knows well how my night was. We spent the night together on their tent, but I woke up before he did, so we didn't get to talk. He just wanted to tease me.

"It was okay." I teased him and turned to my book.

He sat next to me, took the book from me and closed it. "Okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

He came closer to my ear. "It didn't seem to me like you were having an okay time." Then moved back and started talking louder. "Especially when-"