Kat placed a comforting hand on Neve's small shoulder. 'I wouldn't worry, I don't think she heard anything. I'm glad you came to talk to me about this and we can discuss it some more later, okay?'

Neve was still looking at Bagsy like a startled deer but managed to nod before rushing off.

'Sorry about that,' Kat said. 'Neve was talking to me about something private, I hope you understand that I can't tell you.'

As if she had her own secret room she had appeared from, Greenda was suddenly there, as well. 'What was it? Maybe we can help?'

Kat's face turned dark and she took a step back from Greenda. 'No,' she said coldly, before turning and walking away.

Greenda folded her arms and rolled her eyes. 'Guess some anger is still hanging about, then.'

Bagsy nodded her agreement though, in all honesty, she didn't really understand at all what had just happened. All she knew was that Kat was now talking to Emmeline on the other side of the room, and Emmeline did not look happy. However, just as Emmeline began moving purposefully towards Greenda, Greenda raising her eyebrows in nervous anticipation, Primrose burst into the room with Rebekah and Logan on either side of her.

Primrose said goodbye to Rebekah and Logan and turned to settle at a desk and begin some work. Retargeting, Emmeline forgot Greenda and moved towards Primrose instead.

She was too far away to hear what was happening but Bagsy could see Emmeline trying to start a conversation and Primrose, who'd only just got her books out, quickly put them away and tried to put distance between herself and her secret sister. Bagsy puzzled at the scene but didn't say anything. Meanwhile, Greenda looked as concerned and angry as Emmeline had been a moment before.

'I'll see you at breakfast,' Bagsy said, quickly moving towards the exit. She wanted some space away from the other Hufflepuffs, and whatever odd things were going on with them.

'See you,' Greenda said absent-mindedly, her gaze fixed on Emmeline.

Breakfast soared by as Bagsy and Mezrielda theorized what the Herbology practical would be. Their first two herbology practical lessons, which they had before and after lunch, would be the planning stage of their project this year, but they were still very excited. Bagsy did feel a sharp sting of mourning at the memory of being Winifred's Herbology partner in her first year, though. While she was here enjoying all the upsides of being at Hogwarts, Winifred was who knows where, trying to hide from the Ministry.

Finally, after what felt like the longest free period either Bagsy or Mezrielda had ever had, they were walking towards the greenhouses. Even Mezrielda seemed unable to contain herself. As she walked, her steps seemed ever so slightly bouncier.

'Someone's happy,' Bagsy joked. Mezrielda shot her a scathing glower, which only confirmed her suspicion.

Professor Wattleseed was waiting for them at the entrance to the greenhouses, a goofy grin on his face. 'Welcome! Welcome!' he said, ushering the students in.

The greenhouse was filled with green shapes and splashes of colourful flowers, but it felt small after the conservaterrarium. It was humid, but nothing like the cazza had been. Even so, Bagsy shrugged off her robe so she was just in her jumper and trousers. Rolling her sleeves up and fishing out a quill, she felt more than ready to begin.

'Today!' Wattleseed burst out suddenly, making Bagsy jump as she realised he was standing behind her. 'We will be preparing ourselves for this year's project. This time around, we will be growing pota-toes and then crafting our own gardens!' Wattleseed held his arms above his head as if cheering a quidditch match. His students, however, stared blankly at him.