Prologue & Characters

Flashback(5 years ago)

Chaeyeon's POV

I look at my older brother, Bang-chan, who was being beat up by our Dad. Our Mom never cares for the two of us but, mostly me. Sometimes she beat me up or left me hungry.

The only one that cares for me is my older brother. He is always there for me whenever I'm sad.

After that, Dad left and my older brother was lying on the floor, injured. I quickly crawled out from the hiding spot and went to him while crying. "Oppa, are you okay?"

He looked at me and smiled, "I'm okay," he said to me. "I'm sorry. If only I didn't take much longer to hang out with my friends, this wouldn't happen. Because of me, you've got beat up by Dad," I sobbed.

"Chaeyeon, look at me. Whatever happened, it's not your fault. You are my little sister, I would never let anything happen to you," he said while stroking my head. I nodded and began to hug him while crying.

Seojung's POV

Me and my brother were waiting outside the emergency room at the hospital for our parents. Our parents just got into an accident and I was really scared until my brother, Hae-chan comfort me.

"Oppa, do you think Mom and Dad will be okay?" I asked him hopefully. He look at me and stroke my hair. "I'm sure they'll be fine, don't worry," he assure me.

Until, the Doctor came out with a sad look. Oh no, please don't be!

"So? How are they? Where are our parents?"

"Is there something wrong?"

The Doctor hesitate for a while and sigh, "I really don't want to upset you two but, both of your parents have passed away," he said. My heart stop hearing that. No, there's no way! My parents will never died!

"No, you're lying! You can still save them, please!" I cry while begging the Doctor who just look at me with a sad face.

"Seojung-ahh, stop," my brother grab me while I struggle under his grip. "Oppa, please tell them to do it again! Please!" I begged until my brother hugged me tightly as I cried at his shoulder harder as the Doctor left with the nurse.

I cannot believe our parents passed away and now we're orphan.

Eunyeong's POV

A loud beeping monitor near as I opened my eyes. I look around and realize I was at the hospital.

Until, I felt someone beside me. I saw my parents and also my siblings.

"Eunyeong-ahh, are you okay?" My Mom asked me as I slowly sit up suddenly, a huge pain appear above of my chest.

"My chest hurt. I don't know why," I said. All of them shared a worry look as I notice it. "Is there something wrong?"

My Dad went to seat next to me and held my hand, "Honey, you've got into an accident until the broken glass went to your chest,"

"The Doctor try harder to save you," my older sister, Kang Mina told me. "You are alive except..." My elder brother Kang Taehyun trailed off which makes me anxious.

"What is it?"

"Eunyeong-ahh, you have a heart problem."

Hearing that, I look shocked. I cannot believe this would happen to me. Why do I have to end up like this?! I don't like it!!!