𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗: 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

Start from the beginning

—Have you noticed I haven't said "I hate you" to you in a while? —Anakin finally blurted, after a millenia of staring at me with sweet eyes.

—Uhmm, that's not true...—And that's when I started to look back: he hadn't said today, or yesterday, or during our messages, and neither our calls. He hadn't said in a while before the missions started. I couldn't even recall when was the last time he had spoken such derivative words to me and it was impossible for me to pinpoint them.

—That's because I can't. —He breathed out. —Not only would I be lying to you by doing so, I would be lying to myself. —He stopped to lick his lips and clear his throat. —I can't say that to you, I haven't been able to for a while... Because that's as far from the truth as possible, princess. —He cupped my cheek, leaning me into his lips, his eyes switching from my mouth to my eyes.

I hummed quietly, after an eternity of suspense. —That's weird. —I whispered, caressing his lips.

—What? —He pressed his lips against my cheek to then nuzzle his nose on my cheekbone.

—I don't think I hate you either.

He breathed out in relief, kissing my temple. Feeling the weight of the night on our lids, we slowly fell asleep. Me resting on his pecs, while his hand lazily scratched my hair with our legs entangled. The last thing I remember was drifting off to the sound of Anakin's low snoring and being swung by his hard chest moving up and down.

The next morning, we woke up with a sickening hangover, shushing each other constantly by the slightest sound the other one would make. At first, I was really invested in shutting him up, not in the mood for his little pranks. Blowing air into my ear, making fart noises, pinching me...Tired of his attempts at waking me up, I turned around, huffing loudly at his victorious smile. Anakin immediately hovered over before I could tell him off, pacifying me with a long and torturously slow open mouthed kiss. He hooked my legs around him as his metal hand grasped my thigh.

—Okay, okay... I'm up. —I surrendered as Anakin pulled away with a seductive smirk, the air still hazy around me thanks to his expert tongue.

—That's a win for me. —He grinned sweetly. —Should we get breakfast?

—Yes, I'm starving! —I growled, stretching my arms above my head.

—Me too. —Anakin said before dipping his head underneath the covers, his hands suddenly in my thighs.

—Anakin, no! —I laughed, his curly hair tickling me in my sensitive spot.

—Oh, so you want actual food? —His head popped up from the covers.

—Yes. —I nodded, brushing his hair and accommodating his bangs. —But we can always come back for dessert. —I bit my lip with a hidden smile, putting a string of his hair back.

—You got yourself a deal, m'lady. —He winked at me, getting off the bed and pulling me by my ankles, so he could carry me in his arms to his closet.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇

—That's the only thing you had in my room? —Anakin raised his eyebrow at my outfit. It was one of my favorite sleeping camisoles.

—It was this or your robes that I use to sleep in. Pick one, Skywalker. —I yawned, scratching my hair.

We were on our way to the kitchen to eat something, the aisles weirdly in solitude. Most of the people were probably still asleep or passed out on the floor from a terrible hangover. Whatever it was, it allowed Anakin and I to stroll together, our hands tied up together.