Hands

RAY'S POV, 4:03 PM

I jumped onto Norman's back, and he put his hands under my legs while I held tight on his shoulders. He started running down the sidewalk and I was afraid he was gonna trip and we'd both smash our faces on the concrete, but he surprisingly managed to make it the entire way to wherever we were going without even slightly stumbling.

We ended up at a local café called The Magic Brewery. I looked around the building and realized I was still wearing Norman's sweater. He had put me down outside of the café so now I was just relying on my weak body to hold me up.

"Norman, do you want this back?" I asked as I pulled the hoodie off of my body and held it close to his chest. He smiled sweetly at me.

"No, you can keep it. You looked cu- comfortable in it." he said, having an embarrassed look on his face afterward. "Anyway, wanna sit?" he asked, grabbing my hand and walking to a table at the other side of the room with me.

"Your hands are really warm." I said, "sorry. Mine are always freezing cold." I let go of his hand and rubbed mine together. I put his sweater back on and put my hands in the pockets. We reached the table we were walking to and we sat down next to each other. Again, he smiled at me.

"No, it's okay. I like holding your hands, Ray. I honestly would rather have cold hands than hot hands. They're normally really sweaty." he said, then chuckled.

I was surprised by this. "I'd rather have hot, sweaty hands than cold ones." I smiled a bit and moved my hand, and it ended up on top of his. "Sorry." I looked at him, chuckling a bit as I spoke. I moved my hand away again.

A girl about our age walked up to our table. She had platinum blond hair that was put into two braids, and she had blue eyes. "Hi, I'm Anna. I'll be serving you two today, and-- hey, you both look really familiar. Might just be my imagination, though. Can I get you guys something to drink?" she asked.

"Chamomile tea for me, please." I said, then looked at Norman.

"A coffee. Two pumps vanilla creamer and light sugar. Thank you." he smiled politely at the girl, who was writing these things down on a little notepad.

"Alrighty. I'll have these things out for you two in a few minutes." she turned and walked behind the counter to give a darker skinned boy the piece of paper she had written on. He smiled at her and grabbed two cups.

I turned back to Norman. He looked at me as well. I sighed and leaned on him, giving him a gentle hug. He returned the hug. I looked up at him and smiled.

We stayed like that, and he started running his fingers through my hair. We stayed in the same position until the Anna girl brought us our beverages. I immediately started drinking the chamomile tea I had ordered.

It only took me a couple minutes to finish the tea, so when I was finished with it, I threw it in the recycling bin. I crossed my arms over the table and rested my head in them, and it didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

NORMAN'S POV, 4:31 PM

Ray fell asleep, head on the table. He looked so peaceful when he slept.

Still asleep, Ray kind of sat up, moving his hands off the table and touching mine. His hands were so cold, colder than they were before. Like his body temperature had dropped even lower than it already had been. Not being able to hold himself up because he was unconscious, Ray's top half slid to the side, and his head now rested softly on my shoulder.

Cute. Sleepy Ray. I chuckled quietly to myself and continued drinking my coffee.