The "Date"

Ray told me to meet him at his house at 5:00 and then we'd go somewhere.

As I was on the way to his house, I noticed a little girl walking alone in front of me. "Hey, kiddo. Do you know where your parents are?" I said as I ran beside her. She looked at me.

She shook her head. "Well, can you tell me where you live so me and my friend can walk you home?" I asked. She shook her head again. "At least tell me your name, then."

"Danni," she said. I smiled.

"That's a beautiful name, Danni," I said. She smiled. She kind of looked like Ray, like a little tiny bit. It was the eyes. Her hair was dark, too. Not as dark as Ray's though. "Come on, walk with me. We'll figure out what to do while we're walking back from my friend's house.

I continued walking to Ray's house with Danni. When we got there, I knocked and Ray opened the door. His face lit up when he saw Danni.

"Ray!" she yelled happily. She ran to him and hugged him. Okay, now I was confused.

"Norman, where did you find her?" Ray asked as he picked her up.

"I was on the way here and I saw her walking in front of me. I didn't know you knew each other," I said. He smiled.

"She's my sister. My aunt and uncle took her into custody when she was born. Did I not tell you I had a sister?" he explained. I shook my head.

Danni cut in. "Wait, so this is the Norman you're always telling us abou-" Ray slapped her calf, not hard though.

"Danni, hush!" he said, face red. I smiled a smug smile. He looked at me. "Don't even say anything."

"You tell your family members about me? Ray that's- that's sweet," I said. Ray's face got even more red.

"Ew," Danni said. I giggled.

"How about we go to the park so she has something else to do other than walk alone in the city?" I said. Ray nodded.

We Ray and I walked to the park. Ray carried Danni on his shoulders the whole way there.

When we got to the park, Ray let Danni off and she immediately ran to the swings. We sat on the bench. "Well, it's not a date-date, but it'll still be good. Hopefully," he said.

"Whenever I'm spending time with you is good," I said with a smile as I moved his head so he was facing me.

"That's cute," he said. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled. He went on his phone and texted his uncle saying that he has Danni.

"Okay."
"What?"
"I- actually have no idea."

I just stared at him. I had no idea what just happened. He looked at me. I was stunned. "What do you want me to do? Kiss you?"

"No- No. I- what?" I was so confused.

He cupped my face aggressively and kissed me but that part was soft and sweet. I practically melted into it. I grabbed his free hand and we pulled away from each other. "Oops," he said with absolutely no emotion.

"Ray, I-" I was cut off by Danni.

"Ray! That kid over there tried to push me off the swing!" she complained, pointing behind her. Ray stood up.

"It's okay, I'll take care of it, Danni." he started walking to the swing set. Danni stayed behind. She looked at me.

"I saw you making out with my brother," she said. I could feel my face go red.

"We weren't making out, there wasn't any- wait, why am I telling you this? You're like five," I said. She gave me a skeptical look.

Ray came walking back over. "You're just gonna have to use one of the other swings, Danni. I almost punched that kid because he was getting an attitude with me," he said. I started laughing and he glared at me. I tried to stop laughing.