Chapter Four | Red Sheets, And White Lies.

En başından başla

"Yes, five years ago..." his back expanded, he stood up from the bed and faced me.

"You broke the contract." I gulp.

"I know, please Luca-"

"Don't say my name." He wipes his face with his hands, pulling the bedside draw open. I tightly hold the robe against my naked body as he slips out a-gun. I shake my head continuously and he steps to me.

He pushes the gun against the side of my head whilst my back collided with the wall, "whilst I held my side- you failed yours." He stayed a virgin for me? "And you know the penalty for breaking a contract in the Mafia."

"I know,"

"Was it worth it? Did he pleasure you in ways I didn't?"

"Yes. He did, he was affectionate and not stone cold and awkward like you." His lips slowly turn up, his flicks the safety of the gun off and pushes the gun deeper into my head.

"Now this-this is the real you. Mouthy, are we not grey?"

"You think I wanted this? You think I wanted to marry you? I was forced into this." My words had an attitude behind them, I had enough of being degraded and pretending to be scared of him. I'll have to continue the plan me and my father set out today.

A knock on the door breaks the silence, "Mr and Mrs Romano, your mothers are here for the sheets."  Embarrassment crawls onto my cheeks.

Luca just evaluated my face, I begged him with my eyes-if he told them, I would be dead. "Please Mr Romano, I beg of you to spare me." His gaze softened within seconds of me begging him.

"Tell them to leave," shock is the new emotion.

"Luca we must see the sheets, the marriage needs to be certified, the priest is here."

"I've witnessed it, and that's more than enough to certify the marriage. Whoever comes into this room next, I'll kill them with my bare hands." He grabs his phone from the bedside, and then the bloody sheets as he folds it and throws it into the bin.

Wow.

"Thank you." I whisper

He exits the room, I sat there. How on earth did I bleed? How on earth is this even possible? I grab the towel and wipe the dried blood that stained the inside of my thighs, once I was done I chuck it into the bin.

I notice the box my father gave me at my bedside table, I grab onto it and lift the lid gently to show the knife.

I look ahead of me.

It has to be done.

Otherwise I'll get killed.

I tuck it beneath my pillow, and head over to the bathroom. I decide to take a much needed shower, my hair straightens out before bouncing back into the natural curls they first were.

I exit the shower, my feet stepping onto the cold marble ground. I wrap the towel around my body, and wipe the mirror clean with the front of my hand.

I look at myself.

And then down to my ankle, where the tattoo was printed or more like burned into my skin.

I rub my face and decide to spill some cold water over it, I shut the tap and exit the bathroom.

I change into my night clothes and slither into bed, I lift my pillow and remove the knife from the box. I settle the box into my draw and the knife back under my pillow.

I watch the hours change on the clock, the seconds flicking.

He still has not arrived.

It was now two in the morning, I lift my body from the bed and look around.

I slide the sheets off my body and move from the bed. I reach the door handle and push it down, I look left and then right before walking into the empty hallways. I continue to do so until I see the fifth pair of stairs.

I remember Andrew telling me that I was prohibited.

A crash is heard from the end of the hallway, my head snaps.

I walk towards the door, the light at the bottom revealing to me that someone was inside. I hear crowded arguments, Luca's deep voice ringing into my ears. I hide behind the wall as the door opens, "fuck you!"

"Meet me in the car Leah, don't be too long."  A man exits the room, roughly the same age as Luca-he walks right past me. I turn my head and peer back into the conversation.

"I'm sorry Luca..." Her voice is filled with guilt.

"Get out of my house."

"You were getting married, I couldn't do anything! You were planned to marry Athena Grey since she was born, we both knew this would not last."

"I told you to wait and you said you would, but you chose to marry-so get out of my house and do not ever come back."

The door opens and a tall, long legged blonde exits the room-she slams the door right behind her. She covers her baby bump?

They must have been romantic with one another, is that his baby? She walks past me, and I push myself off the wall.