Chapter Two | Eye Spy With My Eye A Little Lie.

Start from the beginning

"Us men always need seconds, dealing with these women." My father tries to joke to remove the tension in the air, the guest on the table release small hiccups of laughter but with one look that Lucas gave them-they immediately silenced.

"I don't mind," I whisper, folding my napkin that sat onto my lap.

"I said, I did not ask for one." He repeats, this time as if he was ordering me.

I look up and into his eyes, he did not even blink. He was my height sitting down, my jaw tenses and I just nod my head. He was not loving like Elias; he was not happy like him. I look behind my father, and Elias stood by the door with both his hands behind his back.

"Alright, Athena grab me a beer will you."

Just as I am about to stand, a voice that sounded so cold- "Sit down."

Luca orders me, everyone begins to quieten down and I did not dare to cross Luca. I sat right back down.

"She no longer belongs to the Grey family, John, and she is no longer subject to your rules. She married into the Romano family, if anything- if she asks you to bring her a beer. You will do exactly that. So, go get me a glass of vodka with exactly three ice cubes."

My father's jaw is tightened, and I did not dare to involve myself.

My father stands up, and my eyes widen to the fact that he listened.

I pick my fork back up and poke it into the meat as I take a bite. My father comes back with a glass of vodka and three ices, he settle it in front of Luca.

Is this the power he held?

He made my own father stand up to get him vodka.

Imagine if he found out I was not a virgin?

Just as I finished my food and drop my fork onto the table, one of Luca's men come behind him and whispers something into his ears.

Luca nods his head and stands up, "we're leaving." He speaks.

I shake lifting the napkin from my lap and settling it down onto the table, my mother gives me a nod of reassurance and I look up to see Elias's eyes.

Luca walks in front of me, I lift my dress and follow behind him- I pass Elias and feel his finger brush against my arm. I look behind me as if whispering a final goodbye with my eyes.

It has been three hours in the car on our way to the Romano Estate, the wind blows into my face as I lean my arm onto the window surface. I watch the trees zoom past me, the sunset before my eyes causes a smile on my face.

The colour of fire pits and tangerines, the orange gold is a vast expanse. It is merely a reflection of dawn and the promise of the rising light, which appear after the velvety night has spoken and the earth has had time to rest once more.

"And sign here Mr Romano." I sit up straight on the seat, watching Luca sign some documents with his second in command sat opposite him.

"What's this contract for, Caleb?" Luca asks him.

"For the drug cartels to be moved into another location, since the break in with the small gangs." Luca shakes his head and settles down the pen, he stares at Caleb-if looks could kill then Caleb would be dead.

"Do I look like a mug Caleb?" He asks.

"No sir-"

"Moving my cartel would be signs of weakness, kill them instead." Luca rips the contract and settles down into his seat, his eyes look up and lock with mine. This is the first time he has acknowledged me since the wedding. A wedding which took place three hours ago. "What else is there?"

"Oh, your mother has written this for me to read to the both of you." Luca nods, giving him permission to read. "An heir must be provided in three months from today, and to certify the marriage both must wed. To prove she's a virgin-you must use white sheets. Tonight. The priest will check later on."

My heart is racing.

Damaging all my nerves.

"I don't want to-have sex." I whisper out. I knew this was coming, I knew for some odd reason it had to be done. "You're probably going to force me to do it with you right? Isn't that how you mafia men work?" I whisper out, staring outside the window.

"I don't force anyone to do anything." He shoots back. "Respect my name."

"Our name, no? Oh wait, we have to certify the marriage, but my own husband cannot even look me in the eyes."

"Stop acting like a child."

"Don't you call me a child," I point at him.

Caleb's eyes widen, most likely in shock because of the way I spoke to Luca. "Stop the car and leave Caleb, clearly my 'wife' has something to say to me." He said it so sarcastically and unbothered, he spoke with no emotion, his face had no emotion.

It was stuck and moulded in one weird position.

The car halts and Caleb glances at me shaking his head before exiting, once the door slams closed Luca stares ahead of him at an empty seat.

"If you ever speak to me with disrespect in front of me or my men, I'll be sure to make it hell for the rest of our marriage." He turns to face me. "I know you are in love with someone other than me, I know you are wearing his necklace around your fucking neck, but I have decided to keep my calm and stay silent about it. If you want Elias to be alive, then I do suggest you shut your mouth. Understand."

My jaw tenses and I for some reason grasp my necklace, how on earth did he notice.

Fear grows into my heart, but this is the exact reaction he wanted, for me to obey him. To fear him. To hate him. The fact that he doesn't care that his wife has another lover-

"But your contact with Elias will be stopped, you will no longer see, speak or even go to him. If you do, he will die. Don't forget what family you married into Grey. You're a Romano now, respect the name given to you. Do you understand?"

"You can't stop me from seeing him..." I whisper shocked.

"I can, I can do whatever I want. That's the difference between me and you." I feel goose bumps raise on my skin. "I am a man with morals-I am married to you, I will respect and be loyal to you and in return you will give me the same respect and loyalty back. When I give my word, I keep it Grey, do you understand?"

He spoke to me as if I were some sort of toddler in a car seat, because it sure felt like it. My hands balled up into fists as I imagine it gliding into his face.

"I said do you understand."

"I do." I squeeze out of myself.

"Good, Caleb." The door opens and Caleb's slides inside, tears form into my eyes as I turn and rest my jaw on the palm of my hand. Knowing that this is going to be my life for the rest of my ages, such an unlovable man.

You disgust me Luca Romano.