23: We are all confused

Marinette walked into the school with her head held high. She was hurt, tired and felt so alone. She had reached her breaking point and it was time she told everyone how much they hurt her.

She had debated whether she should make an announcement to the class, which would tell them that she was over them, but decided a personal message to each person would be a better choice. After all, how else would they know they really hurt her by choosing Liar Rossi over Marinette.

Marinette looked around the room. She was going to start with the people that hurt her most. But where was her first victim, er…she meant ex-friend who needed to see the light?

Alya Cesaire. Marinette took in a deep breath and marched up to Alya who was busy working on her blog. The blog that only took off because she got Alya an interview with Ladybug.

The fact that she was Ladybug and chose Alya as a reporter because she felt most comfortable with Alya, was a fact that Marinette was choosing to ignore.

Marinette cleared her throat, but Alya was too engrossed in her blog to notice. She cleared her throat again. Still no response. "Alya," Marinette finally said loudly, causing the other girl to jump.

Alya looked up, "Marinette! How's it going?" Her voice was happy and innocent, as if she had no idea of the betrayal between them.

"I'm here to tell you that our friendship is over!"

Alya blinked at her, then squinted. "Have you been akumatized?"

"Now you won't believe me over this either?!" Marinette was outraged.

"Believe you?" Alya looked confused for a second. "What do you mean? I always believe you. But since you have no reason to end our friendship, I think it's fair to question whether you've been akumatized."

"I'm moving on Alya, you should too!" Marinette refused to answer Alya's questions and turned around to dramatically leave before bumping into Nino.

"Hey dudette!" Nino greeted her enthusiastically. Marinette stopped and looked at him. "Nino how long have we been friends?"

Nino frowned and pushed his hat upwards. "Since grade school I guess? Why?"

"Since grade school! And yet, you couldn't believe me about Lie-la?"

"Lila? What does she have to do with it?" Nino glanced at Alya, completely confused. Alya gave him a bewildered shrug and informed him of recent events.

"You broke up with Alya? Why?!" Nino was completely flabbergasted. "Are you akumatized?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Marinette stamped her foot in frustration. "Why can't I just stand up for myself?"

"What is all the fuss about Dupain-Cheng? I need peace and quiet, tell them Sabrina," Chloe commanded, having drifted over after hearing all the commotion. The red-headed girl quickly nodded, explaining something about Chloe having a headache.

"Oh, I'm sorry Chloe. Didn't mean to bother you," Marinette sincerely apologized. Everyone's jaw dropped.

"Did you just apologize? To Chloe?!"

"Definitely akumatized," Alya concluded.

"I am not! Chloe is just my only real friend in this class!"

Chloe, quite frankly, looked horrified. "I wouldn't be friends with you, if you were the last person on Earth!"

"Aww, I love you too Chloe!"

"Marinette's lost it," Sabrina whispered in horror.

Marinette cheerfully ignored Sabrina so she could grin at Chloe, after all Sabrina had just said their inside joke. Chloe recoiled in disgust.