CHAPTER 72

Chapter 72

    "Zhou's conjecture" was put forward by Zhou Haizhong, a Chinese mathematician. The content is about Mersenne prime numbers. The influence is not particularly great, but it is still quite popular in the mathematics circle, and it is said to be a very "mathematically beautiful formula".

    Although the formula doesn't seem too complicated, but since the last century, there are so many people who tried to prove it, but none of them succeeded. There are still some people who don't believe in this conjecture. They want to prove that this conjecture is not true, saying that Zhou Haizhong's mathematical results are wrong, and they have not been proved successful.

    Ethen himself is not very interested in "Zhou's conjecture", and pays more attention to the level of "Goldbach's conjecture" or "Riemann hypothesis", but also because there are several people around him who are similar to Jiang Ye, out of liking Or friends who insist on trying to prove this theory because of their desire to conquer, they know a lot about this.

    Since becoming the academic editor of the "Annual of Mathematics", in the past few years, he has seen the proof theories of these famous conjectures, not to mention one hundred, there are fifty, but every time there are big problems, and there are really no No matter how much I expected, I just couldn't bear Jiang Ye's repeated urging.

    It must be another "one step wrong, step by step wrong" proof paper.

    Before reading the text, Ethen thought so.

    However, when he clicked on this paper, he found that he was completely wrong.

    The abstract is crisp, the thinking is clear, and most importantly, the proof process seems extremely cumbersome, but when you think about it carefully, they are all aspects that must be considered.

    Just like the difficult problems in the mathematics test paper of the college entrance examination, several situations must be considered. Only when all the situations are answered and correct, the teacher will give you full marks, and the same is true for proving theories.

    Looking at this kind of proof paper, Ethen is used to putting a pen and paper in front of him. He does not look at the calculation process of the contributor, but only believes in the result of his own handwriting, because when checking the calculation, he often suddenly thinks of another possibility, and he can directly find the proof of the paper. The most critical errors and omissions in the process.

    But this paper, no matter how he checks the calculation, forward, backward, or even directly substituted into other actual cases where "Zhou's guess" is used, he has never found any doubts.

    Immediately, Ethen took a deep breath. For a while, he was excited, nervous and apprehensive. He was looking forward to the "Zhou's conjecture" being proved, but also afraid that if he really judged that this paper successfully proved the This guess, the journal published the paper, but it was discovered that there were mistakes and omissions, which affected the status of the journal and became a negative teaching material in the academic circle.

    Ethen was already reading the paper, but Jiang Ye didn't know it, and he was still urging him frantically every day.

    Finally, one night, he received a message from Ethen: "Jiang, have you and your friends read and verified that paper?"

    Because of the "Zhou's guess" paper, For Ethen's news, Jiang Ye has always been prepared, so after seeing his question, he replied in seconds: "Yes, Ethen. I, my colleague Gu Bingjun, and my teacher Jiang Haichao didn't find him. If there is any doubt in this paper, the review reply given is all passed, what do you think?"