Chapter 5:Let it Begin

1st PoV:

I don't know how I managed to do it but my fear of being late decided to make me so early the Kaiba Brothers and their goons aren't even here yet "Damn you my irrational fears" I mutter to myself in the only illuminated part of the stadium the center where Seto & Mokuba were standing in the anime I stare into the abyss lost in thought until I hear a voice or a few "Well, Well if it isn't Little Miss Fortune Teller" I hear the annoyance in his voice "Why a warm hello to you too Seto & I'm only a few inches smaller than you" I say as I turn to face them "Hi Mokuba" I smile and wave to him "Hey Irene" he says waving back "So what made you come up with my lovely nickname Kaiba Boy" I see him visible cringe at the mention of the nickname Pegasus gave him "don't ever call me that again" he says "anyway as for your name, your friends told me about your 'visions', I also looked at your Duel Records for my Tournament what a Unique deck you have, not that it matters compared to mine" "Aw someone did there homework, I'm flattered & if you think that deck was unique you haven't seen nothing yet and it's only fair, seeing I did the same, shall I listen something off your record" he smirks "Is that your pathetic excuse of a threat" he glares "Oh no, I could never threaten 'THE' Seto Kaiba" "Do you think your better than me Calabrese" "No I don't" he smirks "Good because I am better than you'll ever be" I smirk and pull him closer and whisper in his ear "At least I have parents" then let go "At least I think I do" I mutter and begin to walk off "I'll be back I need to go get something" as I walk off I looked back to see him glaring daggers at me "Ooo~, I may of upset someone" I snicker "Anyway there's someone I have to meet" I make my way to a spot similar to where Marik & Odiion meet at before the finals and wait patiently. When they finally show up I sneak next to marik in the dark of the stadium not really paying attention to their conversation and then at a moment's notice I jump up at him "Boo" though he does let out any noise, I see him jolt "Oh, it's you" he states "That's right, how is my favorite edge lord doing" I say in a baby voice to which he groans at "Master Marik, who is this girl" I smile "Pleasure to meet you Odion" I look at Marik "Did you not tell him hi to me as I said to" he rolls his eyes "Odion this is Irene, someone I have an undergoing deal with, she will return my Millennium Rod on the condition I give her my sisters Necklace" I clap my hands "Ding, Ding Ding, we have a winner give this man a prize" I smirk "I hope you hold up your end of the bargain, would be a shame if you couldn't get your Rod back" I giggle before standing up "Well see you at the finals" I say before wondering off into the dark and returning to the Kaiba brother who soon after Illuminate the stadium "Seto seems to have recovered from my roast, even though I technically don't know if I have parents in this world, it was the only thing I could think of" I explain my reasoning to reassure myself "Anyway when are you bringing in the blimp" I say nonchalantly to everyone's surprise "How did you know where the finals were gonna take place" Mokuba asks in shock "I pretty sure your brothers nickname explains that to you" I say with a giggle "Or you overheard our conversation about it while on your little stroll" Seto says confidently "Believe what you want Kaiba Dear" I say in a new nickname similar to Pegasus to which he cringes at, to which I laugh at not to long from now Joey, Yugi, Mai & the gang all come in, I rush up to them "How did your Duel with that hotshot go Mai" I say casual "How did you-, I've learned not question things when it involves you people" Mai says confused "It went great, and I'm still in the finals" I smile "that's great", "Marik, Odion, Me, Mai, Yugi, Kaiba, & Joey. That's 7 who are the other(s)" I think to myself while contemplating 'Bakura' already came and did his whole act soon followed by 'Namu' and then 'Marik' "With 8 of the 9 Finalists-" "So there's 9" I think to myself "We shall now explain the fina--" "Just cut the thematics," I interrupt "We all know how a Tournament works, just go ahead and bring the blimp" I say not wanting to hear the introduction speech again "Blimp?" I hear Yugi & Friends say "Ma'am I--" Roland tries to start "Just cut the introduction Roland and bring out Kaiba craft #3" Mokuba says, to which he nods soon the craft is landed and I am the 1st one to rush and grab my ID and heading inside to explore.

*Time-skip to the round selections*

1st PoV:

I don't pay much attention until we're called to grab our numbers. I walk forward and reach for my number. "I got #3" I say to myself. "But that's Yugi's canon number, so what did he get?" Later on when the random match selection was done the same numbers 3 & 6 were selected 1st like canon "3 & 6 will duel soon after this event is over" the suit announces "and each duel will follow afterward, though as you know there are 9 finalists meaning one of you won't have duel partner. Whoever doesn't receive a partner will be allowed to abstain from the 1st round but will have to face a randomly selected opponent from the loser's bracket, if they win they proceed if the loser's bracket player wins they may take the spot of the person who abstained and continues through the Tournament" he finishes "The number that was chosen to abstain from the 1st round is #9" I glance around and see a look of shock on Yugi's face "So he's #9, that's perfect to allow him to keep his God card safe for a while" I think to myself "but how should I deal with Bakura" I say thinking of a strategy "Well I guess I'll have to just wing it" "Now will Duelist 3 & 6 head toward the arena entrances" Roland says both me and Bakura head toward different doors and the rest head to the spectator rink.

When they all arrive, I load my deck into my duel disk and Bakura does the same "Anything you would like to share with the class before we Duel" I say in a sweet tone glancing at him "Heh, you're smarter than you look" he says in a now deep voice "Thank you" I than hear the gang all have their respective answers to seeing the spirit of the Millennium Ring and then have to explain it to Mai & 'Namu'

"Well, then shall we begin," I say to which he replies, "If you want to lose your soul so badly," I smile. "Duel!" We both say in Unison.