Unwanted Truths

Unwanted Truths

Chapter 39!

April 1998- The Italian Ministry  

It had been two weeks since Albany had arrived at the Italian Ministry, her time their so far had been surprising peaceful. But she did miss the hustle and bustle of the Los Angeles Ministry, it felt strange not seeing her Brothers and Copia throughout the day. 

Papa Nihil spent most of his time working in his office, his workload had become light these days but it kept him busy. The ghouls were around the Ministry, they had their own duties to fulfil throughout the day. Albany spend most of her time alone, but she didn't mind. It gave her a chance to catch up on her sleep and read a couple of books she had been saving in her bedroom, she had even trimmed Primo's rose bushes in the garden. They had been neglected since the New Year, she was unsure if he would be grateful for her thoughtfulness towards his pride and joy.  

Albany was sitting at the dining table, she was reading her Father's favourite morning newspaper. The ghouls had already serviced breakfast over ten minutes ago, they had outdone themselves has always. Fleshly squeezed orange juice, hot coffee, creamy porridge and buttered toast. A variety of fruit and several kinds of jams, they had even baked strawberry pastries especially for her this morning. Taking a sip of her coffee Albany turned a page in the newspaper, the contents wasn't that interesting. She never understood why her Father liked reading it, there wasn't even any local news stories. The business articles were that complexed and long they could put you to sleep, she was beginning to wonder if that's why he liked reading it.

Taking another slip of her coffee her attention was soon caught by her Father entering the kitchen, he took his seat at the head of the table. His favourite ghoul appeared and brought him a cup of coffee, his porridge was served with a dazzle of honey. Closing the newspaper Albany folded it in half before she placed it next to his coffee cup, his gaze was soon upon her. She gave him a small smile, but his features remained grumpy. He wasn't in a good mood this morning, he wasn't pleased with his youngest child after last night.

" Good morning, Papa." She said.

" Good morning." He said.

" Did you sleep well?" She asked.

" Like the dead." He replied.

" That's good I guess..." She said.

Returning her attention back to her breakfast Albany pulled apart some of her toast before she ate it, she then drank more of her hot beverage. Their gaze only met once when one of the ghouls placed a pile of mail on the table. They remained silent while they ate their breakfast together, their morning conversation wasn't flowing. 

Albany had been for her medical checkup at the Clergy infirmary yesterday, she had been given a clean bill of health. Her sprained wrist was healing nicely, but she still needed to rest it. Later on that day without her knowledge Papa Nihil had visited the infirmary, he wanted to speak with one of medical professions about his child's accident. Since he was Papa he was allowed to access his Daughter's medical files, his authority had to be obeyed amongst the lower employees of the Clergy. He wanted to read Albany's medical files since he hadn't been fully informed about all of her injuries. The first few pages were straight forward and informative, the information he seeked was right before him. But he soon noticed that a pregnancy test had been carried out with her blood and urine tests more than once when she had her medical at the Los Angeles Ministry.

Nihil had been furious, he was unaware that his youngest child had been having these kinds of tests. The rules he had asked her to follow had been broken, the Los Angeles lifestyle had corrupted his only youngest child. He didn't want that kind of life for her, she wasn't like her Brothers. After his discovery he had summoned Albany to his office, he wanted to discuss her medical checkup in a calm and adultery manner. That had been his plan, but the minute he set his eyes upon his child he lost his temper. His voice could be heard from the hallway, the whole unholy church probably knew her private business now because of her Father's erratic behaviour.