Business Trip

Business Trip

Chapter 30!

January 1998 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The month had passed by quickly, it was soon January. A New Year had fallen upon the world. Albany had visited her Father for Krampus with her Brothers, the seasonal family gathering hadn't been problematic until it was time to burn the Christmas tree. Secondo had poured some of his whisky onto the flames, he wanted his marshmallows to be flambéed. The flames became wild and out of control, the ghouls had panicked. Papa Nihil hadn't been amused, his papal robe nearly caught fire. But the chaos didn't end there. One of Primo's rose bushes had been damaged in the process, it's flower buds had been cremated. Primo had been furious with his younger Brother, his rose bushes were his pride and joy. He had been growing some of them for years, he had worked hard to maintain their beauty. He made Secondo purchase him a new rose bush the very next day, but his anger didn't cease. He made Secondo replant his new rose bush with his bare hands, his fingers were left frozen and dirty. His older Brother's punishment had been harsh. Papa Nihil had stood by and allowed the punishment to take place, he didn't want to get involved with his children's quarrels. The festive season soon ended, they returned to the Los Angeles Ministry. They settled back into their own work routines, it was back to their normal lives for the Emeritus children. 

Albany returned to the financial department, she had been welcomed back with open arms. Copia had showered her with affection and wilted bouquets of flowers, he had missed his lover with a passion. Working for Copia wasn't easy sometimes, his constant wandering back and forth from his office was distracting. He always found excuses to visit Albany throughout his working day, he sometimes took hour long coffee breaks at her desk. She often wondered how she managed to get any of her filing done with him around, he had even seduced her when she was restocking the photocopy room.  Copia always managed finish his workload by 4pm, his working methods were questionable but effective. 

Today was like any other normal working day for Albany, there was plenty of invoices for her to type and filing to do around the office. Copia was in the middle of a meeting with Sister Imperator, they had things to discuss in his office. Albany's attention was soon caught by the office door slightly opening, she could hear Sister's conversation with Copia. Taking some files from her desk she carried them over to the filing cabinet, but she couldn't ignore the ongoing conversation between them.

" Remember what I said, I will get things prepared for you."

" Thank you, Sister."

" Come and see me before you leave, I have a little something for you."

" Oh? A little somethin' somethin', huh?"

" Yes, don't be late."

" Okay, bye bye!"

The office door fully opened, she immediately began filing the folders. Albany looked over at the doorway when she heard Sister Imperator's footsteps entering the room, their gaze soon met while she closed the door behind her. Sister's hands coming together she curiously eyed Albany up and down, the expression on her face was judgmental. Looking back at the draw she put the rest of the files away before she returned to her desk, but Sister's voice caught her attention when she said her name. Her dark excellency approached the desk, she closed the work diary and rested her hand on top of it. Sister's fingernails drumming against the book was unsettling, her gaze remained on Albany. The older woman's gaze was intimating, but she soon broken the silence between them.