One Last Date Night With You

Chapter 37!

March 1998 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The days soon became a week, it was finally Friday. Albany had moved back into her dorm room on the second floor, she was happy that she finally had her own privacy again. The fifth floor living quarters maybe luxurious and comfortable, but she preferred her own room. It was small and familiar, she liked it this way. Terzo made sure Albany's room had new bolts and a lock fitted, she now had a key to her dorm. It was for security reasons, he wanted to make sure she was safe and secure while she remained at the Ministry.

Tonight Albany had plans on the fifth floor, it was date night with Copia. She had visited him a couple of times last week in his office while her Brother was at work. They shared breakfast pastries over coffee and spoke about future business trips, they even spoke about Albany's return to work after she had visited her Father. Terzo had already booked his Sister on a flight to Italy, she would be leaving in a weeks time. Copia and Albany planned on spending each night together until she left the Los Angeles Ministry, she would be staying in Italy for over a month.

Albany pressed the fifth floor button, the elevator moved upwards. The familiar humming sound filled the air. She had her wash bag with her, it contended the essentials she would need for her overnight stay. It was after midnight, the Ministry was deserted. The employees were out partying in the local nightclubs, her Brothers were playing cards together on the fourth floor. She had no worries about been seen since it was late. The elevator doors slid open and she entered the hallway, turning left she walked forward. She quietly counted the doors in turn, she was looking for room number twenty-seven. Finally finding Copia's room she noticed the door was ajar, she looked both ways down the hallway before she opened the door. 

" Hello, it's me." She said.

Peering into the room Albany knocked on the door before she entered the room, she couldn't see Copia anywhere. The scent of pizza wafted through the doorway, the room was lit by candlelight. The couch was layered with blankets and pillows, his promise about the date night he had planned had been delivered. Closing the door behind her she looked around the room, she had never visited her lover's living quarters before. The walls were a pale orange colour and there was a framed kitty poster above a small round dining table, the familiar lava lamp was sitting on an end table by the leather red couch. Two bean bag chairs were piled in the corner by the door, she even noticed their games night trophy troll doll on top of the refrigerator. The room screamed retro, but it was comfortable and homely.

Albany's attention was soon caught by something clanking against the kitchen floor, but she still couldn't see anyone. Placing her wash bag on the end table she walked towards the kitchen, she soon saw Copia rummaging around inside a cupboard. He was unaware of her presence. There was pots and pans scattered across the floor, the sink was half full with dishes. The counter sides were dusted with flour, there was bowl of cheese and one mushroom balancing on an overturned cup. It seemed like Copia had been cooking up a storm in the kitchen again, she still remembered their joint cooking experience together at the beach house. Clearing her throat Albany got her lover's attention, he immediately got to his feet and brushed some flour away from his blue apron. He kicked one of the saucepans out of his way before he approached her, he seemed flustered.

" Hi, Hello! How are you doing?" He asked.

" I'm doing okay, thank you." She replied, she looked over at the pots on the kitchen floor. " Do you need any help?"

" No, it's okay." He replied, he motioned towards the table. " Take a seat, I will be serving dinner very shortly. I just need to find the bottle opener..."